inTank Media Baskets

DRLenox's 28g EURO DIY AIO

DRLenox

Alright, I finally am getting around to posting this. I have upgraded from my NanoWave 9g to a 28g EURO. I used new Carib-Sea Aragamax sand, all of the water from my tank and the rest from my LFS's (my works) show tank. The transferring went Ok, I lost my Fromia star and my sexy shrimp, but overall everything else made it ok.

I did a little bit of work to the tank to give it rear chambers. The way it works is the water goes through the overflow, trickles down a series of egg crate racks (filter floss, filter pad, carbon, ceramic rings), pumped via maxi-jet 1200 through an Aqua C Remora skimmer, flows out of the skimmer into the second FUGE chamber them overflows into the last return pump chamber. The design in pretty simple but seems to work pretty well. Two Hydor Korila 1's on a Natural Wave wavemaker provide the flow in the display. Lit by a 24" Current Nova Extreme 4xT5.

Originally I wasn't planning on adding rock but one day at work a customer brought in lots of rock that had been in his tank for 5 years. So I snagged a nice piece that fit nicely.

STOCK LIST

Fish:

Black Clown Pair

Six-Line Wrasse

Green Clown Goby

Coral:

13 different Zoas

Blue Clove Polyp

GSP

2 different Frogspawns

2 different Candy Canes

2 different Birdnests

2 different Montis

Orange Acan

Green Nepthia

Yellow Scroll

Red and Green Brain

Neon Green Toadstool

Duncan

Various Shrooms

Sea Whip

Inverts:

3 Pom Pom Crabs

Maxima Clam

Rose Bubble Nem

various hermits and snails

Let me know what you think (Compliments and Criticism)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

wow.

very clean

what kind of fish is that?

Yeah, still pretty new about a month now but my goal is to clean the glass every day, and never let anything build up.

It is a female Square Side Anthia. Tank is a little small for it I know.

Thanks for the compliments! I am working at ReefStock today. Picked up some awesome frags last night at the setup. I'm sure there will be some more purchased today. I also took the anthia back. The scale of the fish to the reef was really bothering me. I will post pics of the new goodies as soon as possible.

P.S. If your in the Denver area, stop by and say hi at ReefStock. I was there last night and got to see the bulk of the frags, there is some good stuff. I'm at the Reef n' Pond booth.

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to get rid of the anthia, Way out of scale. Here are some pics of my new frags:

Yin-Yang Toadstool

web.jpg?ver=12379157310001

Lobo

web.jpg?ver=12379158040001

Monti

web.jpg?ver=12379157910001

Some Sweet Zoas

web.jpg?ver=12379157270001

web.jpg?ver=12379157930001

web.jpg?ver=12379157880001

web.jpg?ver=12379157840001

Thats not all of them i'll get pics of the rest soon.

One thing I forgot to mention. When I set this tank up I bought lots of pods from Precision Aquaculture Technologies. I would recommend them to anyone buying pods. They are cheaper than most places and the customer service is awesome and they threw in some freebees too! Also my friend gave my a pair of black clowns for taking care of his tank and dogs for a week. I will get pics up of them soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived