SaltCritters.com

Nanowave owners

jeremai

Ok, I know there's a few new Nanowave 9 owners on here. Since you set up your tank, how is the skimmer working? Mine most definitely produces bubbles, but they rise too high and just fill the cup with clear water in about twenty minutes, even after two weeks of breaking in. Thoughts? Adjustments?

tyia

Turns out nutrient export via seagrass only works when you have seagrass, lol.

Plus the tank was too damn quiet without the skimmer. I had to check it every ten minutes or so to make sure the pump was still working. Damn OCD. :angry:

First off, there is a flap on the pump that restricts flow. Move it to cover as much of the intake as possible. Connect a couple feet of airline tubing to the air intake. Dig around in your old freshwater pile of junk and find an air valve. (or buy a new one) Connect it to the air line and turn it all the way off. Now open it just a tiny bit until you see bubbles, but a lot less than before. You will have to play around with the vale until you find the perfect amount of air. You can get by without the long air line but if you run it out behind the tank it's quieter.

:huh: You must be a n00b. Didn't you ever own a seaclone skimmer?? :P

Forgot to add, mine still only produces light brown water but it's only been running a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question on this. I added the valve as suggested but I keep getting a boat loaad of bubbles back in the tank. If I barely open the valve, it looks like they backwash in through the intake slots. i have to open it all the way up to get it to stop. After running like that for 24 hrs, it will produce just a little bit of very light green skimmate. Any suggestions?

Archived