-3margarita snails

-1 astrea snail

8-3-09

3-8-097.jpg

8-22-09

P1010209.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i recently built a new stand for my tank and i figured i would post up an update to show everyone how my tank is doing. i am very pleased with the growth i am seeing out of my coral up to date, and i have added more rocks and 2 more margarita snails also. i got a colt coral and a green cup coral pagoda i believe. and i also got my first fish which is a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, he was hiding while i took the pics but ill be sure to take pics during his next meal to show everyone. let me know what you think of my new scape and corals please!

new FTS.

P1010112.jpg

cup coral

16.jpg

hammer day one

P1010151.jpg

hammer after about 2 months

15.jpg

new colt coral

12.jpg

homemade stand

18.jpg

thanks lalani, i think it really made a big difference also

JTC: ive actually done that particular scape 2 times now, of course they varied slightly, but when i switched the tank over to the new stand i drained it down to about 5 gallons and took out all the rock to make it easier. when i put everything back in i had to rescape, and i got it pretty close to what it was before hand. but im thinking about getting some aquarium puddy to secure some of the main rocks togather making my scape into like 3 or 4 solid sections, so i can remove them an add more rock when i do, but not to make the whole thing solid because i think that wouldnt be such a good idea.

heres some more pics to feast your eyes on...

3-4-096.jpg

my first polyp rock, looking for more if your a frag seller ;)

P1010133.jpg

MR. Lionfish came out to play...

P1010143-2.jpg

i love how the reflection turned out in this pic

P1010146.jpg

left side

P1010151-1.jpg

Nice tank. Great rock bridge. And those fuzzy dwarf lion's are great. Always wanted to try that.

highly recomend it, ive had him for less than a week and he already recognizes me and comes out to swim around when i get home, its really neat.

im thinking about adding a clown to my tank and eventually an anemone, would clowns be more apt to host an anemone if i have one of them or a pair. get back to me quickly because im going to the shop tomarow. looking forward to hearing from somone

It's not a given that a clown will host an anemone, they are just more likely to host them. If you really wanted to you can always get one thats already paired with it. I would ask around though about the compatibility of the clown with a lion fish. My knowledge on that is slim so double check that before hand! Tank looks great!

i ended up getting a black clown. hes getting along well with my lion they even swim within inches of eachother and share food. its working out nicely. ill post pics up of him as soon as i get some good ones

Those are generally referred to a "kenya trees" though they could be considered a type of "colt".

ive only ever heard of them called colts so thats what i call it. but i have seen people on here calling similar corals kenya trees. it seems like different reefing circles and groups call corals different things.

more pics of lionfish :flower:

ive got a whole stock pile of them but i need to find time to post them up, ill be sure to post a bunch of them tomarow or sunday. i want to try to get a vid of him feeding but im unsure how to upload and all that. ill work on it

here are some pics of my lionfish as requested. and im also posting up pics of my new stuff ive neglected to put up the past week or so. ive got a black occ. clown. a trumpet coral and a sun coral, whose polyps ive yet to see.

fts as of today 3-22-09

P1010218.jpg

P1010193-1.jpg

3-8-0924.jpg

3-8-0916.jpg

P1010142.jpg

P1010143-3.jpg

P1010201.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010194.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...