Coral Vue Hydros

TheGrimReefer's 12 Gallon Aquapod

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Hey everyone,

Well ive finally found the time to put together a thread for my 12 Gallon Aquapod. I bought my tank and stand off eBay about a year ago for $100. The Stand was brand new in the box and the tank had been previously used a saltwater fish only tank. When I got the tank it was in good shape, no scratches, lights looked good, and it was clean. I ended up replacing the lights so I could have a fresh start. I stuck with the sponge in the first chamber, (thought about filter floss) but ive had no problems so far. I have live rock in the second chamber along with some bioballs. The third chamber has som LR and carbon. and the last chamber has my heater and pump in it.

Coralife Power Strip W/ timer

Coralife Digital Thermometer

Oceanic BioCube Protein Skimmer

--------------------------

1 Black and White Ocellaris Clown

1 Black and White Ocellaris Clown

1 Firefish (can’t catch this dumb fish)

4 Hermit Crabs

1 Emerald Crab

1 Turbo Snail

Frogspawn

Toadstool

GSP

Zoas

Crocea Clam

Month 1

BryceFishTank002.jpg

BryceFishTank017-1.jpg

Month 2

BryceFishTank008.jpg

BryceFishTank010jpgaa.jpg

Month 3

brycefishtank12-25-08017.jpg

brycefishtank12-25-08034aaa.jpg

brycefishtank12-25-08044.jpg

Month 4 ( 1-24-09)

brycetank005.jpg

My New Clown, my old two were fighting so i gave one away and bought this black one.

brycetank007.jpg

My tanks kinda messy right now and ive been having a little problem with hair algae but nothing too bad.

Let me know what you guys think. Any and all suggestions are nice.

Wow...your tank has transformed soooo much since we first started it!!!! It has been so fun getting stuff for yours and now we are getting stuff for mine!! You have done a very nice job babe!!! I loveeee it.

• 2 weeks later...
TheGrimReefer

okayy so i made a run to the fish store and picked up some new stuff.

post-40045-1234149813_thumb.jpg

i got a $20 zoa frag

post-40045-1234149819_thumb.jpg

post-40045-1234149841_thumb.jpg

and i got a $10 Xenia Frag

post-40045-1234149914_thumb.jpg

and my clown is still kickin.

post-40045-1234149867_thumb.jpg

My toadstool was feeling moody today so i couldent get a new FTS :( but ill get one up asap.

TheGrimReefer

no T5's jut one antic 32 watt and one daytime 32 watt. i know the clams require lots of light but i bought it on impulse because it was only ten bucks. It seems to be doing just fine, ive had it for little over a month and no signs of any harm. If i see any signs of harm ill give it away on this web site. :)

TheGrimReefer

I was cleaning out the chamber with my bio balls in it and their was a lot of crud trapped in their so I decided to remove them. What should I put in the seccond chamber now? LR?

TheGrimReefer

got some updated photos for you guys today.

FTS

FishTankLookingGood003.jpg

Side View

FishTankLookingGood012.jpg

Top Down

FishTankLookingGood016.jpg

Frogspawn

FishTankLookingGood019.jpg

Mushrooms

FishTankLookingGood009.jpg

Give me some good ideas for coral selections to add in. I want some really colorful stuff :)

TheGrimReefer

I want to catch my firefish and give him away but he hides in his cave all the time, impossible to catch. Ive had no problems so far with the three (no water water quality problems) so ill just stay with them all for now.

Archived