Cultivated Reef

30g and 35g Frag Tanks

cbort

Here is my home made frag tank. Put together and water tested built in overflow and will have a 1" drain. Going to be a very shallow "frag only" tank.

Water tested for 24hours, no leaks. Very little bowing. May still do a 1" eurobrace all around the edges.

pics289-1.jpg

pics292-1.jpg

pics312-1.jpg

pics314-1.jpg

pics316-1.jpg

pics332-1.jpg

pics334-1.jpg

pics335-1.jpg

And Here is my 30g Frag tank

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

water tested it and very little bowing. At only 8" of water, seems to do fine. May put a small 1 or 2" lip all around the edges tho just for piece of mind?!

Atlantis Reef

super sweet but I would for sure do bracing. I did a tank once not as big as this but alot like this with no bracing no leaks no bowing for 4 months then the pressure finally worked against it and BOOM WATER

Thanks everybody! And yes everybody there will be bracing. I have some scrap acrylic leftover. Plenty to go around the edges! Thanks a lot for looking! Anyone have any suggestions for flow? Mainly zoos, rics, LPS.

YES! I had a back up plan! First i was gonna go with just shoving a tampon in the spot of the leak, but then the whole diaper thing came to mind! Keeps my daughter dry why not the floor!

Can someone help me i.d. a new small colony that i found growing on the inside of one of my rocks.

In this picture they are in the middle left above the eagle eyes(watermelons)

000_0063.jpg

In this pic they are in the very center

000_0064.jpg

They have a green skirt, not as bright as the eagle eyes and they have a purple center. And also have a ring around the mouth.

they look a lot like PPE's or jokers except for the ring around the mouth? I have to actually put my camera directly under my halide and turn on the flash just to get a picture of them. Had no idea they were there until a week or two ago.

thanks for the i.d.'s I finally got 2 fragged. It was some work getting to them. Will get some pics as soon as they calm down and open up. They are pretty P.O.ed

• 2 months later...

**NEW UPDATE**

Finally got this tank up and running. Still gotta get the plumbing finished up. I hooked a couple hang on filters for now with a skimmer. transferred most of this from my display tank. Still have to set up my sump/refugium and get a new heater and i will be set to go!

Enjoy!

PICT0249.jpg

PICT0250.jpg

PICT0248.jpg

check out my thread in my sig! Tons of frags ready to be transferred! i am too scared to put anything of value in to this tank until i get it plumbed and stable! Notice just some GSP, kenya, and a few zoas at the time.

Once i get a refugium/sump and a heater it will be go time. I currently have another 35 frags in my display tank consisting of 24 different zoas and a few LPS.

Thanks for looking!

Archived