Top Shelf Aquatics

Feeding Bicolor a live sponge(SAD NEWS!)

jjohnson3

I have a bicolor angelfish in my 38 gallon. It was eating some emerald entree but now wont eat that. I did some research online and I found out that they eat live sponges. Can I just buy a live sponge and just stick it in the tank as a primary food source for my angelfish? Will this affect nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, or other chemistry?

Well you made a post yesterday saying he ate the emerald entree, maybe he's not hungry. If you did just introduce him to the tank it may take a couple days to acclimate to the tank. When he's really hungry in a few days he'll probably eat the entree again.

Well you made a post yesterday saying he ate the emerald entree, maybe he's not hungry. If you did just introduce him to the tank it may take a couple days to acclimate to the tank. When he's really hungry in a few days he'll probably eat the entree again.

Sad news. I went upstairs and the Bicolor is just laying on the sandbed. :tears: I think this may be the start of her death. My LFS has no guarantee which makes it even worse. I put the fish in a 5 gallon bucket until I can pronounce it dead. I hope it comes back to but as of right now there is not much hope...

Archived