Top Shelf Aquatics

A few pics of my non-nano tank

Sac_State

I know it looks rather dense, but the rock is actually layered and stacked in such a way that they interior is actually quite open. I used a lot of branched tonga rock to create shelves, platforms and caves to keep the rockwork open to flow. The aqauscaping is also not actually sitting directly upon the sand, but is instead supported by several pillars which keep the rock just above the surface of the sand (atleast, that was the plan before the pink-spotted goby began moving the sand around).

It's a RR 75G. I'm using an 8-bulb Tek T5 with four actinics, two 75-25's, and two actinic-whites. Under the hood I'm running a bermuda aquatics BPS-3C protein skimmer in a ADHI Model 30 Sump which is chock full of macro algae (chaeto, brown gracilaria, and red sea grape (botryocladia)). I also have a precision marine GFO reactor in the sump, but i'm not actually running it right now...

• 1 month later...

yeah, a goni would add just the right bit of color to it, don't you think?

ha..thanks guys. yeah, the halimeda's getting a bit bushy these days. I may have to trim it...I've been resistant to doing that since I've heard that it doesn't take well to pruning. I just recently added some red grape macro (Botryocladia) to the display. I've been growing it in my sump, but it's so pretty I decided to try it out in the display as well. not sure it can handle the 8 t5's though... I guess I'll know soon enough.

Love the tank and love that you included macro algae in the display. Do you have any early pictures of the setting up process. I'd like to see the stacking of those rocks.

Archived