Pod Your Reef

Lights from www.fishneedit.com. Anygood?

spham24

Just want to post this here just in case. I really am thinking of upgrading my lights. But, I don't want to spend so much. I just have zoos, shrooms, polyps, gsp, & xenia.

I don't want any SPS ( not really into it) but am considering a clam. I know water quality is also a must with the clam. However, I think my coral would take off even more with the MH.

Would you guys consider buying these lights? Or should i shell out money for a sunpod.

It seems like such a good deal. I haven't inquired about shipping but I still would think it's a great deal.

http://www.fishneedit.com/metal-halide.html

150W Metal Halide Pendant Lights for $133.99 (on sale/out of stock) Regular price: $209.00

250W Metal Halide Pendant Lights for Sale price: $169.99 Regular price: $269.99

I'm looking at replacing my T5s with MH on my display tank. I saw those pendants before, but what turned me off was the reflector. The reflector is no better than the DIY flood light set-up you get from walmart.

I too want to keep costs low, but i decided to go with the cheap parabollic reflector from hellolights and a ballast from ballastwise.com

I use this set-up on frag tank and love it!

I've never heard any complaints about the fisneedit lights. I was considering one myself. I emailed him a few weeks back. The 150w won't be in stock until the end of October.

Jeez, thanks for all the replies already. You guys are good. I thought I had to wait the whole day. I'll check out all the stuff you guys mentioned.

I had the 24" 4 lamp t5 ho fixture, can't complain it got the job done I didn't care for the bulbs but I feel like if maybe if someone told me it was expensive fixture I would think they were good. But if I had the chance to do it over I would have just searched the classifieds and gotten a brand name 150w MH.

I had the 24" 4 lamp t5 ho fixture, can't complain it got the job done I didn't care for the bulbs but I feel like if maybe if someone told me it was expensive fixture I would think they were good. But if I had the chance to do it over I would have just searched the classifieds and gotten a brand name 150w MH.

I bought the 150W MH from "fishneedit" today from a seller on here. He gave me a real good deal. Problem is my mom is complaining about the JBJ without the "clean" stock hood now and that the living room looks like crap.

If anybody needs a light for cheap or knows someone who does get in touch with me. It's priced to sell since i'm leaving for Vegas this Friday night. I'm located in Gardena near El Camino College.

seriously for the price, i really cant complain. true it might come with crab bulbs or no individual reflectors, but for a small tank like 15-20 gal, i dare to say its enough to keep anything you want. change the bulbs out after 6-8 months to some high quality german/american made and enjoy an even better lighting and color options.

i bought a 36 in ch 4x 39, after 6 months of use, i was cleaning all the salt n crap.. after i was done i tried to turn the lights back on, and guess what nothing is happening. don't know what i did, if i did something, but i had no time to fix it. so its in the garbage. just got my tek 6x39 damn this thing are bright. I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Archived