ReefCleaners.org

My Thoroughly Disqualified 5.5

scottyreef

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest is going on right now and this would of been my entry but since its not a AGA 5.5 gallon tank and its a Custom made job i do not qualify in the contest but i thought it over and i am still going to make a 5.5 gallon tank to compete in the contest with full knowing that i will not win.

So here it is this tank was my 5.5 frag tank with 25 gallon sump but after battling may problems with infestions and broken equitment i decided to break her down. Not a month has ent by and she is new and improved with a wavmaker and new pump

the cube is 12 X 12 X 10 (aprox 5.5 gallons) and overflow is 9 1/4X 5 X 6 1/2 (aprox 1 gallon). there are two returns feed externally and one drain plumbed to a SCWD wavemaker. A Viper 70w HQI and a Mag 3 will be the closed loop pump. Items in the overflow: 25 watt stealth heater, Cheato, Purigen, Chemi Pure Elite , Seagel carbon and filter pad changed weekly

This tank will be a SPS only with no livestock other than the copepod Population that develops with a reef tanks. 7 1/2lbs of fully cycled live rock and the tank will be ran bare bottom

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

You got awesome tastes in beer! As for the vodka I prefer grey goose. Awesome tank!

You do know that Grey Goose is a brand specifically created for the American market as an "upscale" brand and priced higher than, say, Absolut. Grey Goose is simply a social experiment.

You got awesome tastes in beer! As for the vodka I prefer grey goose. Awesome tank!

hey thanks i am a real beer lover especially hefeweizens ( dont like really hoppy beers) i am picky whenit comes to vodka aslong as it doent taste like gasoline

this looks like a good one! i will have to keep an eye on it considering that you 22g is amazing!

thats bud i really try to make my tank look half way decent are you looking for any sps frags i got a whole bunch if you need'em

You do know that Grey Goose is a brand specifically created for the American market as an "upscale" brand and priced higher than, say, Absolut. Grey Goose is simply a social experiment.

yeah your rights it all a status symbol for people who like to feel superior they all decent quilty vodkas that dont come in plastic drums all taste the same

I don't really find it a status symbol although its strange that its often locked in the top shelf cabinet at most places. You can get a huge fricking bottle for like 20 bucks. How is that high class? I buy bottles of wine that are upwards of $70 bucks apiece. I prefer a nice black label skotch over vodka anyways :P

true that a good scotch is a great and a steak with a lot of horseradish and a Padrón cigar is truely a great night for me

Sounds like heaven! Nothing brings out good scotch like a good cigar.

thats bud i really try to make my tank look half way decent are you looking for any sps frags i got a whole bunch if you need'em

Yeah i really want some nice sps frags but right now money is right. i just bought a RO unit and a new bucket of salt. Lol in about 3 months or so i will be able to afford some stuff. i have been looking for a job lately but it hasn't been working out so well.

Yeah i really want some nice sps frags but right now money is right. i just bought a RO unit and a new bucket of salt. Lol in about 3 months or so i will be able to afford some stuff. i have been looking for a job lately but it hasn't been working out so well.

you got it buddy. tell you what i am going to move my tank in January and i am bound to have some extra frags you can take off my hand for shipping cost

you got it buddy. tell you what i am going to move my tank in January and i am bound to have some extra frags you can take off my hand for shipping cost

Oh that would be perfect!!!! I will definitely let you know!

If any one likes this tank it will go on sale after the competion because i dont want to send it back to sacramento and letting it sit in my reef closet for a few more year like everything else i have.

either tonight or tommarrow hopefully my tank will be up and running so i can let it do a short cycle since every thing in the tank will be from a already established reef system.the only thing that i need to pick up is the LR from a friend of mine and some seagel carbon.

delays...delays i havent got my tank filled up yet. i tested my closed loop pump (mag 3) and its not working very well so i am going to have to find another so i can get this girl filled up and stocked. does any one have a good closed loop pump thats rated for abot 700 gph? at 2-5 feet of head pressure

Hey thanks i dont think i am going i will be able to stick to the budget of $250 well i have kinda decided to put a panworld px-x closed loop pump and if i use that i will be way over my budget limit. But who knows i might find something else and if i put the panworld on i guess i should put a ATO and some high end sps while I'm at it go for broke you know

well I have decided to go for broke. i can find a good Closed loop pump with the specs i need for under 80 bucks so I am going to slap a Panworld PX-X on her. While i am at it a tunze 9002 DOC, a dosing system and a ATO as well i guess its good that i am disqualified from the officially unofficial or i would of went way over budget.

Woooo Hoooo :happydance:

but i think i dont stand a chance though not because my tank wont be nice. Its because i will probably end up shelling out two grand on this little tank knowing me

Archived