stay tuned for updates

October 17 FTS

100_4688.jpg

BUDGET----------------------------------$250

live rock ----------------------------------$0

live sand ---------------------------------$0

USED160gph pump($19.99new)75%-14.99-----$0

USED stealth 50watt heater(15.99new 75%-11.99-$0

Light is temporary actual light comes the 21st ----$0 (for now will change)

2 orange zoa's -----------------------------$4

scarlet hermit-------------------------------$3

turbo snail----------------------------------$1.50

Budget Remaining------------------$241.50

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well that wasn't cryptic or anything...

you will get to see it.... just not yet

the man said dont worry, he has a plan... so dont worry, cuz he has a...well you get the point.

haha thanks

Can I have your pig?

Good luck in the contest.

um hello thats my piggy bank/reefing fund lol not really its probably got 5 bucks in there....So No

thanks good luck to you too

shh...trying to get intel...need to know competition

if you find anything out let me know :lol:

ok so about the tank im going to try and finish up DIY part 1 tonight.

oh yes im "DIY" ing

hmm but i wonder what im doing... so many possibilities

If your avatar has anything to do with this tank, I forsee a competition with more than one DIY AIO 5.5...lol

maybe its an aio maybe not, but thats my 20 long aio tank i just started about a month ago. check it out the links in my sig

i think i know what your doing :ninja:

Tagged for future updates.

i shall update in a moment :)

Good luck! Tagged.

ok heres an update

i have gotten quite a bit done but, im going to see if you guys/gals can figure it out with some clues

100_4321.jpg

100_4322.jpg

any guess's??

maybe its an aio maybe not, but thats my 20 long aio tank i just started about a month ago. check it out the links in my sig

i think i know what your doing :ninja:

i shall update in a moment :)

ok heres an update

i have gotten quite a bit done but, im going to see if you guys/gals can figure it out with some clues

100_4321.jpg

100_4322.jpg

any guess's??

HOB fuge.

HOB fuge.

wow your good

100_4324.jpg

100_4328.jpg

100_4329.jpg

100_4330.jpg

100_4333.jpg

100_4344.jpg

100_4347.jpg

please noone steal my idea if you are in the offically unoffical tank contest. ITs just not nice. thank you

i leak tested it the other day and well it leak pretty well. So i patched it up and hopefully it will be good when i test it again tomorrow.

if all goes well i can start diy part 2

haha ya those crp hob fuges cost like 100-200 bucks what a rip.

This has cost me like 10 bucks for the pvc fittings and super glue since we already had the acrylic(which still is pretty keep)

i love to DIY

its like half the fun imo

plus you get to say ... ya i built that...uhhuh :lol:

Oh by the way Weetie i don't believe any of this counts towards my budget but please correct me if im wrong thanks :)

wow your good

100_4324.jpg

100_4328.jpg

100_4329.jpg

100_4330.jpg

100_4333.jpg

100_4344.jpg

100_4347.jpg

please noone steal my idea if you are in the offically unoffical tank contest. ITs just not nice. thank you

i leak tested it the other day and well it leak pretty well. So i patched it up and hopefully it will be good when i test it again tomorrow.

if all goes well i can start diy part 2

please dont acuse me of stealing but im working on something similar in design but diffrent function :) you guys just work TOO fast I had to go back and read the rules I was starting to think this was a 6 week contest not a 6 month

please dont acuse me of stealing but im working on something similar in design but diffrent function :) you guys just work TOO fast I had to go back and read the rules I was starting to think this was a 6 week contest not a 6 month

haha ok i guess great minds think alike :)

im curious on what your doing

we need our first FTS by 10/17 so thats why i already started

plus i don't always have a chance to work on it so when i do have time im working on it non stop.

Hey that fuge looks good. I have a CPR Aquafuge2 PS on my main tank - it's awesome. I had considered building my own too.

I have two comments/suggestions for you:

1) Next time, try Weld-On 16. It's an adhesive specifically for acrylic. It actually melts and bonds the two surfaces together, preventing leaks very easily. Also it won't fog the acrylic. For now, you can get an acrylic silicone that will seal up any leaks.

2) I'd suggest painting the wall of the fuge facing the tank (or the side of the tank) with an opaque color to keep light from the fuge from getting in your display.

What kind of fuge light are you gonna run?

I look forward to seeing this thing come to life, keep up the great job, I'm digging the DIY projects in this competition!

Hey that fuge looks good. I have a CPR Aquafuge2 PS on my main tank - it's awesome. I had considered building my own too.

I have two comments/suggestions for you:

1) Next time, try Weld-On 16. It's an adhesive specifically for acrylic. It actually melts and bonds the two surfaces together, preventing leaks very easily. Also it won't fog the acrylic. For now, you can get an acrylic silicone that will seal up any leaks.

2) I'd suggest painting the wall of the fuge facing the tank (or the side of the tank) with an opaque color to keep light from the fuge from getting in your display.

What kind of fuge light are you gonna run?

I look forward to seeing this thing come to life, keep up the great job, I'm digging the DIY projects in this competition!

thanks

i would have used weld-on but i couldn't find any local stores that sold it. superglue was next easiest thing for me. next time i will deffinitly get some weld-on. super glue works but i think weld-on must work much better

i had planed on painting the two sides of the tank black but now that you mention it i think i will paint the fuge too

as for a light im not sure just yet but im thinking of a cheap clip on light or something

anybody have any recomendations for a fuge light?

thanks

Oh by the way Weetie i don't believe any of this counts towards my budget but please correct me if im wrong thanks :)

Nah, doesn't count.

Looking good, carry on!

nice DIY

*clap clap*

thanks

Nah, doesn't count.

Looking good, carry on!

ok thanks weetie.

im going to work on it right now

i will start a list when i add things that count on my budget

Archived