Coral Vue Hydros

Link's Nanocube, 12g.

NanoCube-boy

NanoCube-boy

Hi, I'm just trying to show you guys about my tank. I'm still have minor issues with Cyno, but they are in control situation and they are dieing off. Six month ago I purchase some Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, one Emerald Crab, and a few Scarlet H. Crabs. Here some picture of them.

Current resident

1 Bull Eyes Mushroom Coral. purple green center.

1 colony of Button Polyps Coral, red.

3 colonies of Kenya Tree Coral, transparent pink.

3-5 Scarlet Hermit Crabs

1 Emerald Crab

4-6 Blue Legs Hermit Crabs

My Kenya Tree. These are two colonies recently propagated yesterday from my mother colony. I'm hoping to sell it later on. 0.5inches.

DSC02501.jpg

Here is one of my Blue Leg Hermit Crab. He/she live in the tank about six months so far.

DSC02503.jpg

What do you guys think of it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoCube-boy

haha coming soon... don't worry. I'm going to take pictures of the mother colony of Kenya Tree, Button Polyps, Bull Eyes, and Scarlet H. and Emerald crabs. Emerald crab is very hard, he/she very rare to snoop out, so I have seek on that.

Hey guys. I just bought a False Ocellaris Percular about 2inches, but it's tank bred; not a bad thing though. One the fish middle stipe, it;s not align like other fish because it's tank bred, which I just learn yesterday. So far shes doing well in my tank, but I can't take a picture well. I don't think my camera can support it. I'm trying my best, but do you have any advice?

Camera Spec.

Sony CyberShot DSC-P8

Smart Zoom(I don't know what that mean :huh: )

Lens/Optical 3x(zoom three time? :huh: )

3.2Maga Pixels :happy:

f=6-18mm 1:2.8-5.2(Huh?)

I uplaod some more piture, but some of them are blurry, I don't know why.

DSC02510.jpg

Bull Eyes

DSC02516.jpg

Mother Kenya Tree colony

DSC02518.jpg

Emerald Crab

DSC02520.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

My old clownfish before. Likes to be hand feed.

Hey nice looking tank! I love all the macro.

As for the camera, I honestly can't tell you what setting would be best. I've never shot with a Sony anything. One bit of advice, shut off the flow in your tank, especially for those top down shots. And for the shot of the emerald crab, I've found that shots that I take at an angle turn out kind of weird. For my macro shots, I usually press the lens up against the glass or close to it. And of course, keep your hands as steady as possible or use a tripod/stack of books on a chair :P .

Besides that, just practice. For every decent photo I get, there's about 20 bad ones. You have some nice pictures, especially the one with the mother colony Kenya tree. Keep up the good work!

EnjoiFish

HAHAH yea, I did turn of the pump and I did len my lens on the window. I usually use -1.0EV, 100-ISO and for focus Center AF. So I did try reading some articles for taking great picture, but I'm still lost. I can't understand what the heck they say in those articles sometime.

UPDATES. I bought some new light bulbs for my tank because I'm up to for a change. I got two of 1000k-Blue from Nano Custom, which it's total of 48watts. So I be installing this weekend because a lot of time, this tank sucks when I remove the splash guard. Very unsafe new water and light bulbs. Hopefully my little nephew can help me. Right Joe!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got it install this morning and it looks awesome so far. I'm going to take the night picture tonight with my new corals. I might goshopping for some reef today.

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

Thank for your comment. The fish is tank bred, but the second bar is crooked and not align as wild fish. For the Kenya tree, I hope I can sell it. If not then I can keep it and deal with it later.

Updates. I went shopping for stocking up the tank and I bought the following:

1. Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

1 Metalic green one branch of Frogspawn.

1 wild caught false Perc clownfish

1 flourensent green stripe mushroom

I did get a chance to take picture yet because my camera is out of battery. I will post updates later on. Thank you for you viewing.

--Link

The Update is here.... Tell me what do you think? Here are my new live stock and a better picture of my Emerald.

Here is a better picture of The Emerald Crab.

DSC02546.jpg

Top view of the Fluorescent Green Stripe Mushroom

DSC02594.jpg

The Skunk S. Cleaner Shrimp.

DSC02601.jpg

Full Front view with the hood open. The left one is wild caught(Snowy) and the right is Tank Bred(Crooky). I have Crooky for a few weeks.

DSC02611.jpg

Front Window very of the Stripe Mushroom.

DSC02619.jpg

Top View of Metallic Green Frogspawn.

DSC02626.jpg

Close up on the Stripe Mushroom

DSC02627.jpg

Front View of the Frogspawn.

DSC02628.jpg

I have some question and I'm new to this. Why does the pigment color effect of corals difference from top view and front view? Is it the lighting hits the pigment color and refect out certain ways?

Emeralds are usually trouble anyway. I caught mine eating the frogspawn.

The corals look good under the new lights, especially those green striped shroomies.

I've heard that too.I've had mine for a long time ,and he's never bothered anything.

I do feed a little heavy now and then to give him some extra food.Maybe that helps.

NanoCube-boy

biocube8, yup, mine is the the same thing because I have plenty of algae for him/her to grace on.

I didn't have much feed back about my corals I just bought and fish, any?

NanoCube-boy

Yes, right now, it's healthy. It's about 80percent algae contain. I wish to keep 20percent for the scavengers to eat.

Updates. Last night I finally count the total of 6 Blue Leg Hermits and 1 Scarlet hermits living in the tank. Basically, the clean up crews are

6 blue legs HC

1 SHC

and I found some small detritus eating worms. They don't seem to harm, but they are hitch hikers.

3 feather dusters, hitchHikers.

I want to get another fish, but I can't make up my mind yet. I want something nice, attractive in a way, and great for my nano tank. Any ideas? I don't like damsel for sure. haha They are pretty much testing fish.

Maybe a

-Manderin Goby, must cured the tank with pods population first in a month before purchasing one.

-Purple/ or red Firefish.

Yes, right now, it's healthy. It's about 80percent algae contain. I wish to keep 20percent for the scavengers to eat.

Updates. Last night I finally count the total of 6 Blue Leg Hermits and 1 Scarlet hermits living in the tank. Basically, the clean up crews are

6 blue legs HC

1 SHC

and I found some small detritus eating worms. They don't seem to harm, but they are hitch hikers.

3 feather dusters, hitchHikers.

I want to get another fish, but I can't make up my mind yet. I want something nice, attractive in a way, and great for my nano tank. Any ideas? I don't like damsel for sure. haha They are pretty much testing fish.

Maybe a

-Manderin Goby, must cured the tank with pods population first in a month before purchasing one.

-Purple/ or red Firefish.

Hey Link, I finally got to see your tank - so far so good, nice top pics - I will do the same as well. Sorry about your emarld crab, mine just died after about 6 months - I'm planning to get another one. Anyhow, yeah...I heard manderin gobies are hard to take care becuase of feeding. Why not try a chalk bass? Their blue color looks really nice - it's kind of like seeing blue foil glaring at you - plus it swims around a lot . But if you can deal with the Manderin, then go for it. I believe they still have a few Chalk Bass at Ocean Treasures Aquarium 49 Duboce Ave. San Francisco, CA 94103 (415) 861-9100. And try not to buy any fishes from 6th Avenue Aquarium - they're either sick with ick, ill, or will not last long, unless you buy fish from them on the same day they recieved their shipment. Goodluck bro and more pics if you can - side views will be good. I'll be posting up new pics of my tank as well - I got a few new corals.

NanoCube-boy

hahahah. I know one of the worker there. Part of the head person too, but I don't either buy it there. I seen bad things there and I don't like it. Mandarin goby is highly difficult if my tank is not populate with pods. On the other hand, Liveaquaria sell some tame prepare food eater, but down side, I have to get it ship. I hate that. Thanks for your comment Ryan. btw. I don't buy live anyway else, but Lucky Ocean from Balboa Street. The owner there is great, his customer service is awesome, and his live stock doesn't come with bad news when you get home. hahah.

hahahah. I know one of the worker there. Part of the head person too, but I don't either buy it there. I seen bad things there and I don't like it. Mandarin goby is highly difficult if my tank is not populate with pods. On the other hand, Liveaquaria sell some tame prepare food eater, but down side, I have to get it ship. I hate that. Thanks for your comment Ryan. btw. I don't buy live anyway else, but Lucky Ocean from Balboa Street. The owner there is great, his customer service is awesome, and his live stock doesn't come with bad news when you get home. hahah.

Oh I see - hahaha....well yeah, the owner from the LFS on Balboa street is hella cool and his prices are great. The ONLY problem about his store is that parking there is a B*TCH!!! - am I right???

NanoCube-boy

Well, Do what I do, bring a person, double park, or park as someones garage, and come in explore. Worst case getting a call to move from the person inside the car, move once and repeat,

Well, Do what I do, bring a person, double park, or park as someones garage, and come in explore. Worst case getting a call to move from the person inside the car, move once and repeat,

True - that would work - haha!

• 2 months later...
NanoCube-boy

update: Something happen to my tank, everything went murky last month and burn most of my corals, killed my two fishes, and some hermit crabs. I don't really know how that happen, but my corals recover quickly. Still, I lost my two great fishes.

• 1 month later...

Hey..... GUYS..... GIRLS....

Are you ready for my updates? HAHAHAHA just teasing.

It's been awhile since I update and I had lost a few in my tank. Yes, I'm very sad to saw Snowy and Crooky had died from the murky bloom in the tank. I'm very dissappointed in myself, but I don't think it's my fault, just a little. Well so far I have new corals growing out and my Florescent Green Stripe has spread a little and I got pictures. My Metalic Green Frogspawn had spit into two head. I'm so happy for my tank and my acheivement.

We heres PICS!!!

Frogspawn gotten larger

DSC02806.jpg

Button Polyps have spread

DSC02808.jpg

More had recover from the murky tank and pigments improvement

DSC02810.jpg

Kenya Tree have grown so much

DSC02811.jpg

Much more has bloom

DSC02813.jpg

How much will you pay to moe your lawn. He will do it at a low price....!

DSC02814.jpg

Just picking up the left overs.

DSC02815.jpg

New guy intown... Yup very new, just hop on the tank bed.

DSC02823.jpg

[/img]

Archived