Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

custom full glass tops for 14 gallon biocubes.

plainrt

k i outlined today and will stop by glass place tomorrow.Here some pics how lexan one fits and how glass one will be made.I can add same style knob or leave that for you to decide.I will be only charging few bucks over cost to cover time and packaging etc.This lexan one has worked great on my tank and looks very nice,get comments on all the time.Also with this cover and my 70mh sunpod over this i dont have to top off between weekly water changes.Im lucky if lose 1 cup water to evap.I do slide the top forward often to crack open top and let some heat out.This works well and im open to comments etc.Each one will be test fit etc.

I should know cost tomorrow.

100_0287.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0292.jpg

im gonna try to keep cost down as much as i can.Also my lexan one will be for sale when i get a glass one on my tank.I would let go for like 10 bucks i paid like 4 or more for the handle alone.Would be good for someone not wanting to spend more.

well i dropped off today and they cant do notch like had on my lexan one so there will be 1/4 inch taken off back for cords etc.Will still look nice and function well.Also they could only do in 1/8th or 1/4 inch thinck so i went with 1/4 as the 1/8th would be to thin i believe.The 1/4 will sit nice and flush.

The est price each was 18 bucks cause all the rounded corners, hole etc.Then add a knob for few bucks.I think can do these for 30 shipped if all works out well.Its a little more then thought would be but well worth it.A cheap 10 gallon top goes for ten+ bucks at lfs so not all thaat bad i guess for a custom one off top.

I only had one extra made and will be ready for pick up on monday.I didnt wanna make to many have no one want.I can always have more made if wanted.

First pm to me will get dibs on the first one....Also my lexan one will be for sale monday for 10+shipping when i get my glass one.

If i didnt have a million things hanging off the back of my tank I would be interested

I could have one made to come to the back chamber or wherever you wanted it to end.I have my blueprint that i could just have them take few inches off back for you.

thanks jason

ttt will get pics one day soon of the complete glass one,have knob and all on but laptop took crap and waiting to get back then will upload pics

wow make offer,I cant believe people dont want these..................................

1 glass one with knob and my plexi glass one with knob left.

wow make offer,I cant believe people dont want these..................................

1 glass one with knob and my plexi glass one with knob left.

I want one! I've been really busy.. school is getting ready to start. Give me a day or three to get myself organized. Just know this... I'm buying one of these from you! :D

Don't tell me they're all gone!? :huh:

I want one! I've been really busy.. school is getting ready to start. Give me a day or three to get myself organized. Just know this... I'm buying one of these from you! :D

Don't tell me they're all gone!? :huh:

pm sent

UPDATE.......here some pics of the glass one since cut.sorry took so long.it is 1/4 thick so wasnt cheap.I have installed a black knob on the glass one like in pic on the lexan one.

Glass one with knob 30 shipped to the 48 im losing money on that.... :\

lexan one 20 shipped.losing money also.

100_0307.jpg

fit on cube

100_0320.jpg

front fit....nice curves.

100_0316.jpg

back fit cut 1/4 off back for cords etc and will help with heat with next to no evap no top off yet between water changes with the glass one.

100_0315.jpg

come on someone has to need one.I see people selling custom glass ones for 3 gal picos for more then im asking i am losing on these.just want them gone and out of my way

• 4 months later...
UPDATE.......here some pics of the glass one since cut.sorry took so long.it is 1/4 thick so wasnt cheap.I have installed a black knob on the glass one like in pic on the lexan one.

Glass one with knob 30 shipped to the 48 im losing money on that.... :\

lexan one 20 shipped.losing money also.

back fit cut 1/4 off back for cords etc and will help with heat with next to no evap no top off yet between water changes with the glass one.

Do you still have a glass one? I am interested.

I dont have any at moment.I was thinking of getting more made but last time i had so so so many people tell me wanted them then never bought them and i had to give them away and lose money and my time.Ill think about it this week as had few ask this week alone again.

Props to the glass cover! If you decide to make more let me know and or I would gladly pay you a fee to share how you went about having the glass measured/cut.

Props to the glass cover! If you decide to make more let me know and or I would gladly pay you a fee to share how you went about having the glass measured/cut.

Has anyone made a lid for the 12g nanocube????

yeah i need onefor a 24gal nano cube.. wouldnt taht thing make heating issues with the sunpod?.. im having issues with it being topless.. let alone covered.

I have no heat issues with mine.I left enough in back open for heat to come out.

Ok this is easy to have done yourself people.This is what i did.Buy a cheap piece clear lexan and remove stock hood.Outline the area where the cover will sit in the top area with a marker.Get a plexiglass cutting tool and cut along lines.After cut sand till fits like a glove and is way you want it to be.Then drop off at local glass place and have 1/4 inch glass cut size.

COST

Plexiglass like 5 bucks

plexi knife 3 bucks

having glass cut under 20 or so.

knob like 3 bucks

so a little bit of your own time and can do this easy.I would do more but just not worth it for me.

• 5 weeks later...

I have no heat issues with mine.I left enough in back open for heat to come out.

I did mine with lexan and I'm having heating issues.

I have a 70w sunpod on top, but temperature is higher also when lights are off.

I drilles 4 lines of about 20 holes each but I'm still having temp issue.

Before I was running about 78-78.5 now am around '80. I know 80 isnt a real issue, but my livestock seems to like more a bit of breeze.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived