Have you tried one of these heaters?

C Jerome

Which Heater  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which heater do you use?

• Marine Land Fixed Temp Option 1
    • Tetra Fixed Temp Option 2
    • A more traditional 25/50 watt glass heater 8-9 inches

I am setting up a new Pico and I am considering using one of these two fixed temp heaters because of their small size and ability to fit into the fuge compartment of my new custom tank. I wanted to find out if anyone else with a pico is using one and if they have had a positive experience.

Marine Land Heater option1

lg-33041-42927-fish-heater.jpg

Tetra Option2

lg-29791-39408-heater.jpg

Jerome

clownfish1124

i have number 2 in my 6.6. it works great and keeps the tank at a constant 78. also it is only 3-4 inches tall, so you can hide it in the smallest places

tetra option 2 is what destroyed my pico. Look out for glass breaking, and it practically boiling the water. I would go with option 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I ended up buy the plastic marine land option 1 heater. I just set up the tank this weekend and I dont think the heater is working. I come into work this morning and the tank is more or less at room temperature. I unplugged the heater and plugged back in and then added in the old visi term from my 2.5 to bring things up to temp. Now I am up to a nice 77.or so.

I wonder if I did not have it submerged enough so the safety did not let it turn on, if its a dud or the tank is too big. The tank is about three gallons or a hair more.

Any one else have a similar issue, how do you know the thing is on, is it warm to the touch when working?

Jerome

Not neccessarily. I had a 10W heater on my 1.6gal and it couln't get above 68 because of a cool breeze during winter and spring, even with the house at 76. The 50W got the job done.

Archived