SaltCritters.com

Can you ID this zoa?

showjyr

I had a thread a long time back on this lone polyp I had and couldn't figure out what it was. Some people thought it was an OPE and others thought it was just a morph of RPE....there was another but I forget what it was. This one polyp is now 4, has changed in color a little, and is now under MH. Below are a couple pics but my camera isn't the best. What could they be.....I'd like to get an ID nailed down.

2008_07120002.jpg

2008_07120004.jpg

its for sure not a PE (people eater) it would have a green mouth... thats what makes them PE... just looks like your average brown zoa to me...

Ya your right, I only owned the exact same looking morph so what do I know.......

Since when does brown look neon orange? They're the same color as the orange skirt zoa's that are shown at the bottom of that photo. I take none of you guys have actually owned brown zoa's before, since brown zoa's look BROWN.

Here were mine after a couple months of coloring up, when I first bought them they were washed up like those above.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/audio101/gold.jpg

gold.jpg

Here they are when I first bought them and they looked according to you guys "brown".

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/audio101/FTS2.jpg

FTS2.jpg

Ya your right, I only owned the exact same looking morph so what do I know.......

Since when does brown look neon orange? They're the same color as the orange skirt zoa's that are shown at the bottom of that photo. I take none of you guys have actually owned brown zoa's before, since brown zoa's look BROWN.

Here were mine after a couple months of coloring up, when I first bought them they were washed up like those above.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/audio101/gold.jpg

gold.jpg

someone needs to chill. those aren't lunars... just get past that and we can all have a great time. if you didnt notice... the lunars in your picture dont have their oral disk the same color as the skirt... unlike the first picture. yes, its orange, no its not lunars... i know what faded lunars look like and thats not it, faded lunars have a greyish oral disk and the same bright orange skirt.

and... i take it you don't know much about me, because i do own brown zoas and i like them...

so here's the conclusion, they are orange zoas... and names don't matter. k?thnks

Yes they're a lunar morph, of course there are only one true type of the actual true orange lunar palys but that;s a whole other story.

someone needs to chill. those aren't lunars... just get past that and we can all have a great time. if you didnt notice... the lunars in your picture dont have their oral disk the same color as the skirt... unlike the first picture. yes, its orange, no its not lunars... i know what faded lunars look like and thats not it, faded lunars have a greyish oral disk and the same bright orange skirt.

and... i take it you don't know much about me, because i do own brown zoas and i like them...

so here's the conclusion, they are orange zoas... and names don't matter. k?thnks

Some of you kids are so stubborn and why would I know anything about you? I don't recall asking to know anything about you and who cares if you like brown zoas what does that have to do with the topic? :huh:

This photo is for abe.

Check out:

"The Original" Atlantis

Purple Center Lunar

Eclipse Palythoa's

http://atlantisaquarium.net/frags4.html

How many more times do you want me to shoot you down? ;)

hahah you know so much from just looking at a picture... your so sure of yourself... how can you tell with out a shadow of a doubt? because you had some that "looked" like them... people just name anything so they can get more money for them... come on a lunar morph... why cause there is a hint of orange on the skirt?? your too funny... your the only person calling them lunars... you must be right... post this over at zoa id and see if they put it as an example of lunars... after all they are a morph, right?

hahah you know so much from just looking at a picture... your so sure of yourself... how can you tell with out a shadow of a doubt? because you had some that "looked" like them... people just name anything so they can get more money for them... come on a lunar morph... why cause there is a hint of orange on the skirt?? your too funny... your the only person calling them lunars... you must be right... post this over at zoa id and see if they put it as an example of lunars... after all they are a morph, right?

You kids are fools, mine looked 100 percent the same as those at first and colored up exactly into a lunar morph (go check atlantis,ocaquatic) you'll notice how the center is slightly dark which over time should turn into what I had. Unless you guys owned a similar looking morph I would say I would be the better judge at what they're most similar to, hell the proof is in the photo's I posted. If you guys are to ignorant/stubborn to see that, it aint my problem. I notice a lot of people get jealous or angry if someone has a morph that could turn into something nice, notice how you guys are all crying that they are just "brown zoa's". There really isn't much more I can say, except they have great potential to turn into something nice so enjoy them. ;)

hahah your so funny... you sound so sophmoric... they are under MH lighting... and all the other zoa in the tank apper to be colored up nicely... look at the eagle eye and the RDE in the shot... i have some zoas in my tank that look exactly the same way... they've been there for over 2 years under PC, then T5, and now MH lighting... are they lunars... i dont think so.. and i dont think anyone else would.. but i tell you what... ill sell them to you for 3bucks a polyp.. if your so confident... buy them... 3 bucks a pop is a deal for lunars...

point is just cause your turned into lunars doesnt mean they all will... you cant tell what a brown zoa will turn into... it could be anything... just cause there is an orange hint there doesnt make it squat... odds are 1 in 1,000 times brown zoas are just that, brown zoas... just cause you got lucky doesnt mean everyone will be so lucky... saying you can tell for sure they are lunars just makes you sound like an idiot... i dare you to submit that first photo to zoaid as a lunar morph and see if they post it... prove us wrong

Wow, I started an all out keyboard fight.

They are without a doubt orange, the mouth is a yellow color, and the disk has a pale blue tint. They are only under a 70MH with a 14k bulb but it has very little blue. I don't know why they look brown too some but your monitor must be a little off.

Matty-what's an RDE and which one is it in the shot?

This pic is a little dark because my hand is in front of the light, but you can see the blue.

2008_07130017.jpg

RDE=raidoactive dragon eye its the polyp in the first pic all the way to the left part of it is cut off in the pic

Wow, I started an all out keyboard fight.

They are without a doubt orange, the mouth is a yellow color, and the disk has a pale blue tint. They are only under a 70MH with a 14k bulb but it has very little blue. I don't know why they look brown too some but your monitor must be a little off.

Matty-what's an RDE and which one is it in the shot?

This pic is a little dark because my hand is in front of the light, but you can see the blue.

2008_07130017.jpg

I hate to get into the argument - but they do look like faded lunar/organism palys. Thats pretty much how mine looked when I got them.

i wasnt trying to fight with him... my point was that you cant tell with 100% certinty what they are...

I wasn't accusing you of trying to fight with him, or anyone else for that matter - but flat out, that was a fairly "intense" conversation lol...

I do agree with your statement about 100% certainty. Especially because these are all stupid "pet names" we have come up with to inflate the "designer zoa" market. :P

Haha....for some reason radioactive dragon eye didn't even come to me.

This comes as an afterthought but people keep saying faded..... they were pretty heavily shaded and at the bottom of the tank until this weekend. They now sit about 8 or 10 inches from the surface, who knows they may color up..... may not.

EDIT: Just looked up Lunar Eclipse.....if the center colors up a little bluer I'd say that's a match. http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2...;g2_itemId=5881

I notice a lot of people get jealous or angry if someone has a morph that could turn into something nice, notice how you guys are all crying that they are just "brown zoa's".

lol

That being said, they do look like faded lunars to me, except for the lack of the double skirt.

Archived