SaltCritters.com

My 29 Gallon BioCube Setup

endy0430

Hello all my name is Endy and I live in Miami, FL. This thread will be on my biocube 29 gallon tank. I have had reef tanks before but I've never had set up a nano tank before. This will be my first and I would like to documented here on nano-reef.com. I already orders some upgrade on the tank and waiting on them. I ordered the Sunpod 20" 150watts MH and also the oceanic skimmer for the tank. The tank is still empty so as soon as I get my parts I will post pics so stay tune. I have some knowledge on reef tanks I use to work as a maintenance and install tech for a LFS here in Miami. Currently I have a 65 gallon reef set up that I breaking down to setup the biocube. I sold the 65 gallon to a friend of mine that really wanted it and I was planning to get a bigger tank when I move so it work out alright. Well I hope we can share and trade information here and I hope you all stay tune for the outcome of my tank.

Elite Twit

Photobucket.com

Register for an account then when you upolad your pics one of the tags on the bottom will be the file. When you click the tag it'll automatically copy it for you, just paste it to the message body of your post.

Photobucket.com

Register for an account then when you upolad your pics one of the tags on the bottom will be the file. When you click the tag it'll automatically copy it for you, just paste it to the message body of your post.

Cool thanks

Me really wants one of those! :happy: I wonder if you (or any BC29 owner) could do me a favor and measure the actual viewable height (rim to rim) and front-to-back depth (not including sump)? Does the "29" refer to the actual living area, or total system volume? Also, does it look possible to install a HOB skimmer like the Remora?

Thanks!

Jack

Elite Twit

Actual tank area is like 24-25 gallons. I'll get dimensions when I get home.

Looking real good endy. Looks like you are off to a great start and it's still dry!

Good to see you have a good light. You will need more flow than that little pump too. Maybe get a Koralia 1 or replace the Oceanic pump wit the Rio 6HF and then use the Oceanic pump in the display. I used mine but added it to chamber 1 with a loc-line output. You can see it in my tank thread. Just an idea.

Keep us posted!

well guys I finally tore down my 65 and moved some of the rocks and coral over to the 29 gallon biocube. The fish seen stress out they hide alot and the corals dont seen to happy either I guess since im having a problem t with the PH but i m correcting it with the buffer. So hopefully in the next update I will have better news. Also waiting on the new skimmer I bought the CPR RS3. Here are the latest pics........

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Welcome to the biocube 29 world. great start to your tank its looking good.

Thanks JC I just went thru your whole thread and man your tank is looking amazing hope this one turns out like yours someday.......

Holy Monti Cap :) First off welcome to another BC 29 owner....glad to see some new ones popping up here and there recently. Tank looks great and should look stunning when all of those little Monti frags start growing out.

Look forward to seeing how things mature in your tank and more pictures of your slice of the reef.

Very sweet! Just a quick question, what are the dimensions of the 2nd chamber? Was thinking of buying one and shoehorning a Remora urchin skimmer in there.

Welcome to N-R endy. Nice work so far. What are you running in the middle chamber?

Thanks Spanko right now all I have in the middle chamber are a bag of chemi-pure and a phos-zorb until I get my CPR SR3 skimmer hopefully this week.....

Very sweet! Just a quick question, what are the dimensions of the 2nd chamber? Was thinking of buying one and shoehorning a Remora urchin skimmer in there.

Thanks crrichey, not sure of the dimensions of the 2nd chamber but I'm getting the CPR CR3 skimmer which fits with no modifications.........

Holy Monti Cap :) First off welcome to another BC 29 owner....glad to see some new ones popping up here and there recently. Tank looks great and should look stunning when all of those little Monti frags start growing out.

Look forward to seeing how things mature in your tank and more pictures of your slice of the reef.

Thank you so much...I cant wait either for the tank to start maturing....I will document as I go and post more pics as well.....

Well I'm excited today I will be receiving my new CPR SR3 skimmer. I will post pics as soon as I get it and install it. Also the tank is doing much better the PH has been rising and its at 8.2. I did lose my mandarin that I had in my 65 for over a year and that sucked. Well will keep updating......

Well skimmer is in.......is in tank and I'm getting alot of bubbles in display tank will it breaks in...removed the oceanic skimmer it did work is not that bad but the cpr sr3 is awesome....here are some pics

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

New Zoo's

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

hey nice !!!!!! going good so far i live here in miami too........ i have a biocube 14 i have xenia frags if u want trade in the future let me know or send me a pm !!!!

hey nice !!!!!! going good so far i live here in miami too........ i have a biocube 14 i have xenia frags if u want trade in the future let me know or send me a pm !!!!

For sure will keep in touch.....

Here are some updated pics of tank so far .. everything since to be doing well .. the twin spotted goby is doing a great job with the sand but he still isn't eating, also the skimmer is still giving some tiny air bubbles in the tank...next I plan to install a ca reactor and a chiller stay tuned....and thanks for checking out my thread please feel free to leave any comments......

here's my twin spotted goby

032.jpg

033.jpg

031.jpg

here are some zoo's and ric's

034.jpg

skimmer in action

037.jpg

and FTS

035.jpg

looking good!! :)

welcome to the Biocube club, aka "the cool kids club!" haha

have you discovered yet how much water you have to top off? being that you have the open top. In a while i'm thinking of getting the sunpod as well so i was wondering how much evaporation occurs with the light.

Cali-girl, I have a 29 biocube with a Sunpod 15 watt over the top. The top has a home made pond netting top to keep the critters in the tank. My evaporation is about 2.5 gallons per week.

Archived