SaltCritters.com

*NEW Tank Update and Upgrades*

Clayton07

Well like I said...the old thread was just old. The tank has a brand new look so I thought I would giver a new thread...so here is the pics!

12g NanoCube DX

leftside3.jpg

rightside.jpg

front20.jpg

nanoroom.jpg

filter1.jpg

bubbles1.jpg

quarterdown.jpg

clown110.jpg

Here are the updates:

K2 150w Viper Light

150w Phoenix DE 14k Bulb

Tunze Osmolator ATO

4'' Captive Purity fan

American Marine Wireless Pinpoint Temp Monitor

Coralife linking Moonlight Blue

Original Equipment (from last update)

1st chamber: Modified Euro-Reef Nano Skimmer (Beta) using a mesh modded Mini-Jet 404 with custom CNC'd venturi (Meshmoded 404 is new)

DIY waste collector/air silencer with overflow protection

2nd chamber: Seachem Matrix Media, Eheim Substrat Pro, 50 micron polishing pad

3rd chamber: Stealth heater, Osmolator, temp probe, grounding probe, mini-jet 404 return pump.

Circulation: 1 Koralia1 custom fitted into rock work, 1 Koralia Nano fitted to rock and false wall.

Energy Management: Sylvania Industrial Digital timers with satellite time correction.

Supplemts:

KNOP KoralVIT Trace

ESV 2 part

Prodibio BioClean (biodigest/bioptim)

Salt: Tropic Marin Pro Reef (Soon to be switching to D-D Aquarium Solutions (Deltec) Salt)

Water changes: 4 gallons per week

Too many corals to list...lots and lots of softies, some sps, and lps..

Fish:

(1) ORA A. Occ. Misbar

(1) Bluewater Aquaculture B&W A. Occ.

(1) ORA Indigo Dottyback (needs to go...I hate this fish and he is getting just a little big)

(1) Yellow Gumdrop

Inverts:

All the usual suspects..turbos,hermits of all differnt types, cyrith snails, small black brittle stars, and an arrow crab, and I guess the BTA counts as an invert too.

Thanks for looking! Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Thanks for the complement.

Yes they are growing on it...well only because I glued them on there! LOL

The pump just didnt blend in...

Deffinately creative use of a small space... I didn't think it could look better then it did when you took it down last year but it does. By the way the green ric and zoa's I got from you are doing great!

Pickle, glad to hear they are doing well. That ric was one of my favorites!

By the way here is an interesting tid bit (thats right I said "tid bit")

The wide shot of the tank in my living room was taken when the tank was lit by a 15k XM Bulb

The rest of the shots are with a 14k Phoenix bulb.

Yea..15k?....I dont think so. The 14k Phoenix is so much better its not even funny.

that is their house...lol They are room mates..kinda like that 80's show Perfect Strangers. :lol:

thebrainbot

Wow... That is a stunningly beautiful tank.

I hope my 24g NC comes out looking like that!

What exactly are those weird mushroom type corals on the right side? I'd love to have some of those in mine to create a nice shelf effect.

Brainbot: The coral on the right hand side is a Montipora Capricornus. Its an sps type of coral. Its one of the few sps corals that do well (in my opinion) with stock compact fluorescent lights. Depending on the flow and lighting conditions it will grow into shelf like structures. And, it grows pretty fast. The monti cap is one of my favorite coral species. The colony in the picture grew from a 1'' x 1'' frag. The growth you see took about a year under PC lamps. The tank hasn't been topless for too long.

By the way, I have done A LOT of rearranging in this tank, and traded out about 50% of the larger coral colonies. Pics coming soon!

I hate to say it but those zoa's are going to eventually restrict most of the flow on that Koralia making it almost useless in the tank. You should use a maxi-jet or someting that the zoa's can grow on without restriciting the water flow. Those zoanthids grow like weed under HQI

The tank looks awsome. I am a big fan on the Monti cap. Always adds nice texture to the tank. Monti digitata is also a nice SPS since it is easy to grow and has a nice soft "fuzzy" look.

I'm curious... Why are you switching from TMP to D-D salt?

I am switching salt because I simply want to try somthing new. Plus it has better "published" element (especialy magnesium) content that TM.

I hate to say it but those zoa's are going to eventually restrict most of the flow on that Koralia making it almost useless in the tank. You should use a maxi-jet or someting that the zoa's can grow on without restriciting the water flow. Those zoanthids grow like weed under HQI

The tank looks awsome. I am a big fan on the Monti cap. Always adds nice texture to the tank. Monti digitata is also a nice SPS since it is easy to grow and has a nice soft "fuzzy" look.

I thought about the zoas cloging the intake vents when I put them on there, but thats why God invented razor blades... ;)

I used to have a large purple Monti Digi in there but I had an aquascape collapse that broke it in half. After I fixed the collapse there wasnt a good place for it so I gave it away. However there are 3 or so small digi colonies in the tank right now. One is incrusting on the water return nozzle, One small one by the anemone (in picture, but not presently), and a purple one tword the back.

Archived