SaltCritters.com

FS: PC ballasts, ACJr. overflow boxes...

Mr. Fosi

Hi there.

I need to raise funds to offset the cost of some new equipment. Mighty Might (and maybe Mag7?) here I come! B)

On the block are:

- Regent Aquatech 30-60 HOB filter (330 gph) --> $25 $20 shipped

- AC mini w/media basket (100 gph max, 30 gph minimum) --> $15 shipped

- 2x 1 used overflow box with ball valves (600 gph max flow rate) --> $50 shipped

- 3x electronic 2x65W PC ballasts, two wired to pigtails --> $17 $10 each shipped or $27 for all three

- Never-used Aquacontroller Jr. w/temp probe, original box --> $110 shipped

- Sony Clie palm pilot, model PEG SJ22/U with power/data cables --> $60 shipped

I prefer Paypal but I'll take money orders if need be. All items will ship via USPS Priority with delivery confirmation unless buyers want to pay extra for alternate shipping. Items will ship the day following payment, except while I am afield (May 12-15). Check my feedback.

Regent Aqeatech 30-60 HOB filter (330 gph) is a Penguin 300 knockoff. Easy to mod into an HOB refugium, in the style of the AC series. I like it a little more though because you effectively have two chambers which would allow you to do the typical chaeto/rubble on the one side and mangroves, carbon (or anything else you care to use) in the other. Note that the tube has been cut short for a low-profile look. If you want a longer tube, you can find one for $5. Comes with an extra intake strainer.

100_5988.p.jpg

AC 20/mini w/media basket. Need I say more? :lol: Perfect for a pico fuge or any of the other myriad purposes these versatile filters have been co-opted for. I was really excited to get my hands on this filter... Until I decided I wanted an RO/DI unit! :o

100_5987.p.jpg

Continuous siphon overflow box (600 gph). Needs a vinegar soak but is still fully functional without it.

100_6085.p.jpg

2x65W Power compact electronic ballasts. These each fired lamps when I last tried them (6 months ago) but I haven't checked them (or done anything with them) since then so they are pseudo-as-is. They do have sockets for the pins but they don't come with endcaps which is good because you can use them for straight or square pin lamps. Perfect for a retrofit or an expansion/addition to your current lighting.

100_5983.p.jpg

100_5984.p.jpg

Sony Clie PEG SJ22/U palm pilot. Holds a charge, synchronizes flawlessly and has a freaking bright screen! Comes with the power adapter and the data cable. Has one Memory Stick slot and an IR port. No scratches, no dents, no scuffs, it looks like it just came out of the box. If the buyer wishes, I will burn and include a CD of all the updates and the synchronizing software (all of which are free online) for an extra $5.

100_5990.p.jpg

100_5991.p.jpg

Not sure what supplier the ballasts originally came from because but I got them from a fellow reefer when he cleaned out his aquarium closet. I can ask him if you want but I won't have the answer until next week.

Two would go for $17 * 2 = $34. The savings kick in if the buyer takes all because I don't want to keep any of them. I already have 2x130W PC fixtures and a 150W Sunpod.

PMs replied to.

There's plenty more stuff you can buy though! :P

C'mon Ty, I know you need a big HOB powerfilter or a new palm pilot! :lol:

New overflow box + silencer sold! :)

I'll post a pic of the other one once I've had a chance to give it a good acid soak.

Prices for ballasts and regent filter reduced.

Help me out guys just a few more bucks and I can do both the bits of equipment I want. fingerscrossed

This stuff isn't :bling: ! Prices are so cheap that they make me go omgomgomg when I think about them, but they'll make you :happydance: when your eqipment arrives.

Don't pass this up, these are the cheapest 2x65W ballasts you will ever find! Ditto for the overflow and the rest

I shipped the first overflow today and it cost $12.50 to ship it, that means the price on the remaining one is as if you were paying only $37.50 for an overflow box that retails for $80 or more!

Don't pass up on my desperation-induced pricing stratagy or you'll :slap: yourself later!

What are the demenisions on the over flow box? How do you prime it and could you use it on a nano to create a sump?

thanks,

dubbly

Same dimensions as this and people often use an aqualifter to prime it. Other have used venturis connected to powerheads or return pumps.

These are prefect for use on nanos for which you want a sump but that you don't wish to drill. With a max flow rate of 600 gph, it has enough flowthrough for any size nano. This box also comes with all the positioning screws intact.

Two of the screws allow you to adjust the placement of the intake below the waterline and the third screw allows to keep it parallel to the tank wall.

Archived