SaltCritters.com

saving er1c's brain

er1c_the_reefer

er1c_the_reefer

IMG_4188.jpg

i got this lobophyllia the other day. the edges are dying. any advice on how to bring it back or keep it from completely dying?

er1c_the_reefer

came from under halides, low in tank. its under halides right now, away from direct exposure.

it was in the same condition when i picked it up, just wanna know how to bring it back. looks like it has good potential.

Sweet Brain!!!

I have had really good luck saving sick brains by putting them in a lower light/flow area of the tank, and feeding it mysis daily (just putting it on the mouths with the flow turned off). I have saved 2 Lobos that way.

fishybadmike

OMG wow! The colors on that are amazing! I've never seen any lobophyllia colored like that before. I hope its health improves for you - it would be a shame to lose such a beautiful specimen.

I've had trouble bringing brains back in the past, but what I hve done was feed regularly and make sure they get good but gentle flow.

BKtomodachi

Give it indirect lighting from your halides, feed it, and don't blast it with flow.

Otherwise I'm sure your water is excellent. I don't doubt it will recover nicely. NICE colors on that one.

er1c_the_reefer

thanks guys. i don't normally buy lobophyllia, but the color on this one was what set me on it.

all right so i'm on the right track. daily feedings of pe mysis, low flow, low light. hopefully it'll come back.

Definitely dip it first. Then indirect light and food. Hopefully everything will work out. That's worked for me in the past. I used to feed my lobo krill, it loved it.

Archived