Pod Your Reef

Bubble Coral Experiences

Ocho Cinco

I just picked up a bubble coral frag today. I've heard a lot about them from different people. Some saw low light and low flow but I really don't know, it's my first one. If low flow is true, I'm not sure if mine is getting too much flow. I can see the bubble constantly moving. Also when I bought the frag it had some bubble algae attached to it. Will that hurt it? What can I do to get rid of them if they will be a problem?

Bubble algae won't hurt it, just carefully manually remove it.

I'd say they like low to med. flow. If they're not inflating all the way, they may be getting too much flow.

Feed them every 2 or 3 days with some kind of defrosted, meaty frozen fish food. Frozen mysis is good.

Feed them when their feeding tentacles come out, not too long after lights out. Put the food on the tentacles and they'll envelop and eat it.

I just got it today so I really don't know how big they are supposed or will get. I'll post some pics on my tank thread hopefully soon. How much light to they need/like?

I moved the bubble to a higher location that aeems to have less flow. I also noticed with mine the bubbles are not wxactly round. There are 'stuff' like sticking up from the bubbles. I can't reallu describe it. Is that normal? I don't really like it as much, I hope it rounds out!!!

I think you probably have enough light in your tank to support them.

Some bubbles tend to have something that looks kind of like a spur coming out of the bottom or end of the bubbles. This is normal.

A pic to show the detail would help.

Yeah that's a good description of what they look like. I'll hopefully post tomorrow after all the Easter Festivities!!!

Hey Weetie I posted some pics of the bubble. Tell me what you think! :D

I'm not Weetie but here is my Bubble Coral. It should extend like this in the daytime when it is happy. Light is 14K 150W MH. I also had it under a 20K 150W MH.

DSCF4133.jpg

DSCF2202.jpg

DSCF2209.jpg

That looks like a normal bubble. Mine looks grey and has small bubbles. I want a bigger one or a nicer one but this small one is more of a test. Are you selling that bubble????

Archived