Innovative Marine Aquariums

Paly or Anenome? You tell me

Atomic081

I need to know what this is so i can decide what im going to do with it.

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2034-1.jpg

Also, could this be a Ring of Fire Zoa?

IMG_2035.jpg

Thanks

Ross

I am not going to argue, but that doesn't look like ANY majano I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few....those are Palys.....

they are not majano, i have those in my tank. Ive had quite a few people tell me they are anemone so ill keep trying to get opinions.

First, THOSE ARE NOT MAJANOS. Why does everyone insist on screaming majano/aiptasia at every pic they see? :slap:

Also, could this be a Ring of Fire Zoa?

IMG_2035.jpg

Bit blurry, but could be. This is my colony:

IMG_0465.jpg

ring of fire has a bright red/orange skirt, black or dark brown oral disk with white spots and a yellow starburst pattern. The mouth is light green.

rock flower anemone

the more I look, the more I agree. don't think I've ever seen that many baby rock flower nems in one place before...pretty cool.

(you can even see the nematocysts on the tentacles in the pics!!)

the more I look, the more I agree. don't think I've ever seen that many baby rock flower nems in one place before...pretty cool.

(you can even see the nematocysts on the tentacles in the pics!!)

rock flower anemone, yep thats them allright. i have a couple in my tank. They are pretty docile as far as nems go. But really really like bright light, which is unusual for most nems. The can sting of course and need to be fed like a nem, but are also photosynthetic.

this is AWESOME

I bought the rock because it had some blue zoo's on it. I payed a little more than i normally would and this is icing on the cake....woot!!!!. Now i gotta find a way to get them off so my zoo's dont die....lol.

Archived