Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Scammer - Marc Rodriguez from Mission Tx

SPerry

I took a chance and attempted to purchase a light from someone who I dont know and who had no references or history.

Last Sunday I sent him my money by PayPal and was then told he wouldnt be able to ship until Wed or Thurs. Not hearing from him Wed I sent a PM asking for an update but got no reply. Thurs I didnt hear from him so I sent another PM and an email. Still no reply. He was shown to be on line both days. Fri morning I opened a Dispute with PayPal. Fri afternoon I got a PM from a 3rd party saying the seller was having internet connection issues so he couldnt answer my messages. He also asked that I drop the Dispute because it was preventing the seller from printing a shipping label for me and was keeping him from receiving payment from someone else for an item he has sold.

I have 2 problems with things:

1. I opened a Dispute but havent escallated it to a Claim yet so it doesnt make sense that it would be preventing the seller from receiving other money and it sure wouldnt keep him from printing a label.

2. If he really cant connect to the internet how was he able to see the email from PayPal saying I had opened a Dispute and why couldnt he respond to my emails?

Since the seller previously said he can only ship on Wed~Fri I would just as soon get my money back and look elsewhere for a light. Would you go ahead with the PayPal Claim or continue to wait for the seller to either refund the money on his own or ship the item?

escalate now apologize later.

Why can't they hand write or print a label through non-paypal sites like USPS or UPS directly?

Why didn't the guy just contact u on his friend's computer.

So what if you file an unneccesary dispute? Don't close it--you can't reopen it.

Maybe you could email the vendor, ie the supposed "third party", thank them for the story insulting your intelligence, and ask them if they're going to ship your package before you escalate to a claim. They know full well that a dispute in paypal in no way stops someone being able to print a packing slip, that is 100% grade a baloney. Like Mark said, they can hand print a packing slip from usps.com, and under no circumstances close the dispute, at that point you can't open another one.

If it were me, and I'm not suggesting that you do this just saying what I would do, I'd tell them I'd changed my mind and wanted a refund immediately, and escalate it to a claim in paypal asap. If someone is lying this much now, which they very clearly are, imagine how screwed you'll be if they send you a broken light...

Maybe you could email the vendor, ie the supposed "third party", thank them for the story insulting your intelligence, and ask them if they're going to ship your package before you escalate to a claim. They know full well that a dispute in paypal in no way stops someone being able to print a packing slip, that is 100% grade a baloney. Like Mark said, they can hand print a packing slip from usps.com, and under no circumstances close the dispute, at that point you can't open another one.

If it were me, and I'm not suggesting that you do this just saying what I would do, I'd tell them I'd changed my mind and wanted a refund immediately, and escalate it to a claim in paypal asap. If someone is lying this much now, which they very clearly are, imagine how screwed you'll be if they send you a broken light...

I agree. I would go through with the claim and get your money back asap.

i hate seeing these situations.....i have never been bitten as a seller or buyer....hard to imagine people that are just that irresponsible or downright thieves

I submitted a claim with PayPal about a week ago. As part of that process they give the seller 10 days to respond but so far he hasn't bothered to do that. So I don't feel bad about posting his name, hopefully no one else will get ripped off by this guy. As for me I am out $200.00 for now.

His RC name is SonyMan03, his real name is Marc Rodriguez from Mission Tx. I understand he is a member here on NR but uses a different name. I don't know what that user name is though.

Man I hope this works out for you. I got bit a good while back. Tried to buy some PPE's, ( not you Mark ). Had absolutely no response from the seller. I escalated the dispute to a claim. PP found in my favor, so I'm feelin' good! But hold on! Turns out the seller had No Money in their account, so I got nada, zip, zilch, nothing! So, Good Luck to You! ;)

The Propagator

A: They will not block all payments from other buyers because the only transaction effected or a claim has been filed on is yours.

B: all he has to do to ship it is take your address to UPS or where ever he is shipping from.

C: GOOD CALL DO NOT DROP THE CLAIM until he settles up.

D: Stop buying from folks with no track record ;)

Turns out the seller had No Money in their account, so I got nada, zip, zilch, nothing!

Yeah, I'm afraid he is gonna clean out his account and leave me with nothing.

D: Stop buying from folks with no track record

I know I shouldn't but I want to trust people. Guess I will keep being disappointed with them.

The Propagator

There is trusting folks and then there is asking for trouble by being naive ya know what I mean?

Ask around about the seller before hand at the very least ;)

Ask around about the seller before hand at the very least ;)

Actually I did, another member here said he had dealt with the seller before and told me he was legit.

I keep telling my wife: start out by assuming everyone is an ###hole, and utterly useless. Then you'll be disappointed far less often, and when the rare stand-up guy DOES come along, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

She says I'm horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
The Propagator

But that is OH SO TRUE !

The web is full of ass holes in general.

Honestly even though this is NOT the case here....

99.9 percent of the time the buyer is the ass hole in my own experience when there is a problem.

Isn't that right onefst4cly ? AKA Zack.... The guy who is trying to use PayPal to rip me off right now !

Seller contacted me saying he had to mail PayPal some info before they would unlock his account and then he would make things right. That was over a week ago with no further contact. Looks like it is time to get the police involved.

• 2 weeks later...
The Propagator
Seller contacted me saying he had to mail PayPal some info before they would unlock his account and then he would make things right. That was over a week ago with no further contact. Looks like it is time to get the police involved.

Why don't you just call PayPal and ask them whats going on with ti?

A dispute will only freeze his/her funds in his account. So he/she can not withdraw funds. People can still pay him/her with no problem. In order to get it unfrozen he/she will need to give them & you a tracking number w/ in so many day's. Or once you get your package and your happy..... (You close it with or without a tracking number)... "paypals rule is always have a tracking number". They will lose the dispute with no tracking number. Or he/she can opt to give you a full refund and then it will also close.

I would wait and see what happens...And before it closes bump it up a notch... If you don't get any of these things.....I would not close it until you have your package in hand!!! You cannot re-open a dispute.

(Tracking# and package shortly there after. Or a full refund)

Good-Luck !

I think I would call Paypal at this point to see what you can learn. I had a dispute that went on forever. Seller said someone cleaned out his Paypal account so he couldn't refund what didn't arrive etc. etc. I think it was about 5 months later he said Paypal finally put the money back in his account that was stolen & right after that I got my refund. Hope this works out! Don't let it drop!

Archived