Pod Your Reef

Pimp out 29 BC

clownnut

29 BC and Stand

20lbs of LS Fiji Pink

15lbs of LR Marshall Island Branch

10lbs of LR rubble in the back (second chamber)

Take out the false floor on the first Chamber, add tunze 6025 behind there

Move the PCs apart

Remove one LED moon light

Change return pump to MJ 400( for some reason the water flow over the top of the false backwall, i am guessing the tunze 6025 mod have something to do with it)

next week

adding 70W MH. (Still waiting on the MH)

adding AC Jr

adding Fuge light in the back (over the second chamber, above the LR rubble)

LiveStock List

Fish:

Pair of black/white ocellaris

White ray goby(if i can find a nice one)

Neon blue/yellow goby

Inverts:

RBTA

Coco Worms (peppermint and red/gold)

Feather Dusters

Candy stripe pistol shrimp

Cerith snail

Astraea snail

Nassarius snail

Corals:

Aussie acan

Aussie Duncan

Micros

Echinos

Big Dendro

Update:

MH Mod, firtst i move the 2 PCs away from each other a little bit so the MH can fit in between, i removed 1 LED moon light. you cant tell the different with 2 or 3. added a small 50MMX10MM Fan.

MH-Mod.jpg

MH-Mod---Fan.jpg

Actinic 6:30-10:30

10000K 7:30- 3:30

70W 20000K 3:29-9:30

because the lighting setting, i also switched the 10000K and actinic, so the fans is on whenever the pc actinic is on.

AC Jr, still wait on the mount for the AC Jr to arrive(next week tuesday)

with that 50MMX10MM fan i can keep my temp around 77F.

i got it from aquabuys.

i compare the nanotuners and aquabuys, i find the aquabuys fit my need better and it's a lot cheapers.

i did upgrade to 20KK ushio.

20KK + actinic will give me a radium bulb looks.

20KK + actinic + 10KK(PC) will give me 14K looks.

1 weeks FTS

FTS-2-29-08.jpg

1 pair black/white ocellaris.

1 RBTA

1 pistol shrimp. (havent see/hear it since i added)

12 nassarius snail

next week:

hopefully getting the mounting equipment to finish up the AC Jr.

adding Fuge light for Cheato

Do you have better pics/walkthrough of the process you used to add the MH and the fan? Is there an external ballast for the MH?

Also, is the 50x10mm fan that largest you could fit? It looks that way, but I would like confirmation.

Nice job..

How the heat issues? I know my tank with 168w of PC lighting in the stock hood was hard to keep below 82 degees without keeping both hatches open. I have since modded the hood with a fan and drilled holes in the front cover and the heat isn't as bad 79 to 80 now with both hatches closed.

Do you have better pics/walkthrough of the process you used to add the MH and the fan? Is there an external ballast for the MH?

Also, is the 50x10mm fan that largest you could fit? It looks that way, but I would like confirmation.

I dont have the process pics. yeah, it's external ballast, i will post more pics once i have the the AC Jr mounted and clean up all the cords.

50MM fan is the biggest one can fit in there. it can do the job.

Nice job..

How the heat issues? I know my tank with 168w of PC lighting in the stock hood was hard to keep below 82 degees without keeping both hatches open. I have since modded the hood with a fan and drilled holes in the front cover and the heat isn't as bad 79 to 80 now with both hatches closed.

no, temp is around 77 when the MH is on. i know the 50mm fan i put in can move more air than the 2 fans the BC come with. i think that's why i can keep my temp around 77.

1 weeks FTS

FTS-2-29-08.jpg

1 pair black/white ocellaris.

1 RBTA

1 pistol shrimp. (havent see/hear it since i added)

12 nassarius snail

next week:

hopefully getting the mounting equipment to finish up the AC Jr.

adding Fuge light for Cheato

You've only had your tank up 1 week and already you're adding fish and a rbta?? Did you let your tank cycle? Most don't recommend putting in an anemone until at least 6-9 months to make sure the tank water is stable. Nice set-up and Good Luck!

You've only had your tank up 1 week and already you're adding fish and a rbta?? Did you let your tank cycle? Most don't recommend putting in an anemone until at least 6-9 months to make sure the tank water is stable. Nice set-up and Good Luck!

lol, all my rock is cured. i just transfer from one tank to anther. :lol: (24G custom to 29BC)

i wont put my 2 years old black/white ocellaris, RBTA and all my acans to risk. :happy:

lol, all my rock is cured. i just transfer from one tank to anther. :lol: (24G custom to 29BC)

i wont put my 2 years old black/white ocellaris, RBTA and all my acans to risk. :happy:

First off, nice mod and nice tank! How does that 70 w MH light up your 29 BC? I went from a 250 w Sunpod, to the 150 w and finally I am going to test the 70 w MH sunpod. My GBTA just didnt like the strong lighting that the 250 and 150 gave off. I think it has more to do with the fact that the GBTA is situated right underneath the lamp, most intense spot to be. I hope he likes the 70 watt b/c this is the last stop. He seemed to like the stock hood PC, I just wanted to go topless. I see that your RBTA is situated the same spot as mine, did your RBTA seem to like the new lighting?

Thanks!! Good Job!!

BTW, Forgot to add, those clowns are absolutely stunning! You say you've had them for 2 years? Have they shown any signs of wanting to spawn?

First off, nice mod and nice tank! How does that 70 w MH light up your 29 BC? I went from a 250 w Sunpod, to the 150 w and finally I am going to test the 70 w MH sunpod. My GBTA just didnt like the strong lighting that the 250 and 150 gave off. I think it has more to do with the fact that the GBTA is situated right underneath the lamp, most intense spot to be. I hope he likes the 70 watt b/c this is the last stop. He seemed to like the stock hood PC, I just wanted to go topless. I see that your RBTA is situated the same spot as mine, did your RBTA seem to like the new lighting?

Thanks!! Good Job!!

i have the same RBTA under 400w before. it loves it, stay right under the 400w. i have one RBTA under all the stock pc doing just as well as under the 70w or 400w.

BTW, Forgot to add, those clowns are absolutely stunning! You say you've had them for 2 years? Have they shown any signs of wanting to spawn?

thanks, the reason i change from my custom one to this one, because i can keep everything stable so they will feel more comfortable\, i have another pair of teardrop ocellaris, after a month of them move into the another bc 29 they just spawn twice.

disaster999

one was big enough headache for me...digging up sand, burying my corals sinking my rocks, creating a sand storm.

one was big enough headache for me...digging up sand, burying my corals sinking my rocks, creating a sand storm.

this pair still small. if they do become a problem i will move them into my big tank.

Update:

Add couple more palys, acans and Squamosa. :happy:

just finish the AC Jr mount, i love AC Jr, just dont like the wires hanging out everywhere. that make it looks little bit cleaner.

AC-Jr.jpg

Small update

add Refuguim(under the false bottom is LR.)

Cheato-and-Ghetto.jpg

New Addition to the tank

snow white coco worm

Snow-White-Coco.jpg

oh, I likey the coral! Dendros aren't photosynthetic, so make sure you target feed them (if you don't already know this).

yeah, they have been eating like pigs. :lol:

Archived