Coral Vue Hydros

It's purple, and green, and a polyp...

BlackSumbel

So, I found this little guy in a frag bin yesterday, and brought him home.

Now, normally I wouldn't care, but given what it -looks- like it could be, I'd like some opinions on it.

gwpzoo_1_08.jpg

As far as I can tell it's a zoa (pale stem, 1/4" across), not a paly, but I'm not entirely positive on that.

It's now facing a really weird way in the frag box in my tank, but I'll try to get a snapshot of it later.

At the LFS about 12" under t5's it looked black and green. Now it is distinctly very purple and green.

It's backlit in that photo. I'm attempting to get a better shot, but the little turd insists on facing in the exact direction I can't get a camera pointing.

In any case I think it's freggin' snazzy, my question was mainly to field opinions.

Finally got some different/fully open pics.

Top down with flash:

gwp_update_2.jpg

Sideward without flash:

gwp_update.jpg

I'm not uber concerned with what it is, 'cause it's damn spiffy... but being able to list a name rather than a long description on my logbook would be helpful.

This entry on Zoaid is what it looked like to me.

Mind you, I have only a tiny bit of actinic over that tank right now. There's a 15w strip setting up there with the little 10w 10,000K PC.

I -have- a small frag of Radio Active Dragon Eyes. Side-by-side they do not look simmilar. The colors are pretty different (the "eye" is a blush on the Polpy Of Note, versus a strong eye on the RADEs), and the size is VASTLY different (the Polyp of Note is 2x the size of the polyps on the RADE frag).

Basically, though, I am just going to let everything get settled, start making new polyps, and see how it all looks then. As soon as I get it mounted -in- the tank (these current shots are of it in the "Fragubator", a 2" acrylic box), I'll probably take another shot just for the sake of record-keeping.

Yeah, I'm a tool. A tool with good records.

Going back to the LFS on Wed, hoping to come home with some reds (simmilar to Fire and ice) and oranges (Orange with yellow and orange centers) if they still have 'em. Should look nice and snazzy.

If it's a zoa, it's a PHE. If it's a paly/protopaly, then it's a PPE. I'm losing my touch, and can't tell the size by looking. Pic of it fully closed? PPE-types have some telltale lines all along the outer radiating from the closed bit.

Tell-tale lines, huh? Well, I snagged a pic real quick, and

closedpolyp.jpg

Does that count as lines?

In contrast, the cf/simmilar morph "Radioactive Dragon Eyes" have no such lines (on mine) and look like dis.

dragoneyes.jpg

Yeah, those are def. lines like on a PPE-type. Is it bigger than the dragon eyes? I guess it could be a young polyp, but yeah, to me it looks like a PPE. Got a larger resolution pic of it open?

It's about 1.5 times the size of the "dragon eyes. I'd say 1/3" across when it's open. The "dragon eyes" are more like 1/4" or less.

Because of the really ass-awkward place it's in I can't get a really good photo. Whenever it's attached and mounted in the display I'll be able to get a better shot.

You should see the contortions I go through trying to get the camera at the right angle. No matter how I move the frag box that little turd faces the back of the tank.

I'd say with 99% certainty that it's PPE FTW! :)

Feed it Cyclopeeze so it grows faster!

Archived