inTank Media Baskets

My 14G Biocube in my Dorm Room

aoppeneer

SweetCorraline

Nice aquascape, ive always liked when the rocks go to the surface. hope that nem colors up for you.

ive never seen a ricordia in that color before.

Nope, my cousin lives in minneapolis (I go to the U of Minnesota) so I'm gunna take out like 8 gallons put it in her car and drive it over and set it back up over there.... hopefully when I come back everything will be ok

I've never transfered a fish tank like this before... any tips???

moving a tank is pretty easy actually

put all your live rock in a bucket (with water), transport SOME of your sand (in water) and have another bucket for water/ fish.

take the tank over empty and set it up just as you did when you first got it. Just keep everything in water to keep it all alive.

i picked up a tank 1 hour from where i live and set it up (14g biocube). In fact some of the wet-sand sat in my very warm car (window was pulled down) for several hours b/c my boyfriend wasn't home to help me move the tank

coral survived fine (even a mushroom and kenya tree that got buried in the wet sand).

keep everything wet and warm, you'll be fine

Are you are having to move them for short periods of time, like your holiday breaks at school.

It would make more sense to transfer everything into your movable container, ie bucket or tub, And just leave the tank behind. Put a power head in the bucket along with the heat and add an inexpensive HOB filter and your good to go. Take your lid with you for lighting.

It would be less moves and less stressful for you coral and livestock.

The glass is just for us looky loos. So it wouldn't have any adverse effects on your coral an livestock.

But for a month I would probably set it up...to hard for to be away that long from looking at my beauties!

Have a nice break and good luck

thanks for the help, I have sun polyps in the right corner but they are pretty hard to feed will all the hermit crabs and water flow... is it best to just feed them with something over it???

ditto to Gurnie. I have a 12 gallon aquapod that i've had since February at school. I've taken it home and back to school with no problems.

Did you use the same technique mentioned before, about the wet sand and everything????

what kind of nems are those

they are both bubbletips

and my larger clown hosts both

just moved the tank to my cousins house about 25 minutes away. So far so good, everything looked good when the tank got back and running. I didnt want her to have to do water changes so hopefully everything will make it for a month without new water!!!!

Archived