ReefCleaners.org

Algae, Seaweed, & Slug/Nudi ID

teknon

First, I have this large mass of seaweed growing in two spots from my LR, any ideas as to what kind it is or if I should keep it?

post-27566-1197055061_thumb.jpg

I also have a few spots of what I believe to be some type of algae. Any ideas about what it is?

post-27566-1197055121_thumb.jpg

Finally, I was staring into the tank as I often find myself doing and I discovered this slug looking thing. It is about 1/4" long with a mostly white body and small brown half circles on its sides. Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated.

post-27566-1197055312_thumb.jpg post-27566-1197055320_thumb.jpg

The second pic looks like Halimeda.

I've seen the first one before but don't know the name of it.

Most nudi's tend to be predators of specific types of coral or algae and don't last long in aquaria.

Unless of course it's a zoa eating nudi in a heavily populated zoa tank. Then they don't die til after they've killed all your zoas first.

BustytheSnowMaam

Does #3 have a little bit of a shell on its back? Hard to tell from the pic but I wondered if it was a stomatella.I agree with the sargassum ID.

After looking at the links I agree with the Codium and Sargassu id's. Thank you all very much for the help.

As for number 3 having a shell I don't believe so. I watched it for awhile before it disappeared into the live rock and I don't recall any raised spots on its body that resembled a shell.

Archived