SaltCritters.com

Dragonett

Dragonfire00

So I have done allot of reading on the care of different Dragonettes but i was curious about what others are doing, don't worry my tank is far from being able to keep one right now but i would like that to be my goal.

I know they eat ALLOT of pods and it is desired to get one that is eating frozen. I just bought a CPR HOB fuge to breed more pods. So the question is which Dragonette would be best for a 20g with around 19 to 20 lbs live rock with a 2.5g fuge. Searching the forum, red scooter Dragonette seems to do well for some, a friend has had a psychedelic mandarin for over a year in his 29 (must be a female right?) and thinks i should go with that one.

specs

20g glass

19 - 20 lbs live rock

15lbs LS

remora nano skimmer

(on the way) CPR fuge

fish

yellow clown goby

firefish

(just two fish and the dragonette will make the, thats it just three)

It's really hit and miss. Some people have had luck, many haven't. Generally, it's considered risky to try. So, most will tell you not to.

I agree with Scott, it is risky. However, I have gotten lucky. When I bought my scooter blenny I watched him eat brine shrimp at the LFS. I have had him for a few months now and he is still eating very well. So if you decide to get one, observe him at the store and make sure he eats things besides pods.

Good luck.

I agree with Scott, it is risky. However, I have gotten lucky. When I bought my scooter blenny I watched him eat brine shrimp at the LFS. I have had him for a few months now and he is still eating very well. So if you decide to get one, observe him at the store and make sure he eats things besides pods.

Good luck.

Ya, thats what i was kinda thinking. They don't mind feeding them to let me see either. Thanks for the input :)

I think it wouldn't be the green (too large), if it was to be the mandarin, it would be the spotted aka psychedelic female (rumored to max at 2"). IYHO, would it be more doable with the red scooter or the spotted mandarin? Like i said it wouldn't be for a long time being that my tank is no where near ready. There seems to be allot more info available for the mandarin's than the red scooter, anyone know of a good site? NR threads are limited.

ex:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...;hl=red+scooter

Archived