Pod Your Reef

Just another Nano cube..just a little different, always updated

Louie3

Ok well I got my NC yesterday and dang was that a big box! I purchased it through nano customs, which is a great site BTW

A few specs about my 12g JBJ

70w 10k Ushio HQI

2x18 PC Actinic

ICA Chiller

Saphire Skimmer

3.1 External Fuge light

Pumps

Tunze nano stream 6025

MJ600- return pump

2 rios for skimmer and chiller

I plan to use fiji pink sand for its grain size and color. And 8lbs of LR from my 2 systems, and 5lbs of fully cured fiji rock/tonga plate.

I will be seeding my jbj with water,sand and rock from my systems. Pictures of the opening will be uploaded soon!!!

Brand new just out of the box, just checking the new lighting out. Sadly when I was testing I couldnt run the MH and PCs together because of the outlet, but thats fixed now.

Side Shot with the MH

DSC00491.jpg

The MH

DSC00490.jpg

The 2x18w Actinic Pc's

DSC00499.jpg

Saphire skimmer having trouble with it making bubbles

DSC00492.jpg

ICA Chiller

DSC00495.jpg

Input and out put of chiller

DSC00493-1.jpg

Fuge light 3.1

DSC00506.jpg

Mmmmmn New tank look

DSC00504.jpg

1 day of water

DSC00514.jpg

I dont plan on keeping the LR on top like that its just there to drop any beneficail stuff to the other LR and the new aquascaping pieces are comming today

Did some water tests and it looks like im ready to add stuff. Im going to add the cuc with clowns. Should i get true percs marron or clakari?

as ive stated rock water and sand came from my "mother" tank thats 7 years old.so not much of a cycle there. I did add bacnow as I've always done when starting my tank

Went to the lfs and look what I got!

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

The Halide is off but I will take pics tomorrow when theyre on. Nice colors tho!

How much is this guy worth, just want to know if I got a deal or not,becuase I'm going tomrrow but with more cash

To get back with you on the skimmer. Make sure that the air intake is not underwater. I found by swapping out the air line to a longer one works better, that way there is no chance it will suck water. It is imperative that you use the nano skimmer, aka "cassette" tape to control the water level in the back three chambers.

82* to 80* isnt bad 82* to 78* is a lil too much of a swing IMO Try to set your heater so the low night time temp is about 2* less than the high after the lights have been on.

SLOW down, I know you used cured rock but I am betting the sand came from a bag. Give it a week at least before you add the CUC, then wait a week to add the corals, then another week before the fish. Just my $0.02

The sand was a mix fo 25% dry and 75% Old good stuff full of pods in such. I changed the heater so that the low is 80 but it was just a randomly cold night that the temp went low

Added some new stuff

Not the best FTS

DSC00546.jpg

New Coral, Elegance coral, correct me if im wrong

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Fire Fish

DSC00549.jpg

Clown

DSC00551.jpg

Better shot of the Clown

DSC00558.jpg

Pink/Purple Ric

DSC00555.jpg

Bubble coral

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

Ok so does anyone know if my clown has a chance to host in the bubble coral or elegance?

Archived