SaltCritters.com

Will the tunze 9002 skimmer fit?

Chiefmcfuz

I am sure someone here knows if the Tunze DOC 9002 skimmer will fit in the rear chamber of the AP24. I want to upgrade from my Remora and want to stay away from HOB for now and I don't want any hardware in the display area of the tank.

So Does it fit?

Not near the tank but the dimensions are strange cause the back wall angles inward.

I know about the saphire aquatics skimmer but I want to improve from my Remora not stay in the same ballpark.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to select a skimmer for my open-top AP24, and, like you, am looking for something more intense than AquaC and Sapphire. So, how do you like your TUNZE after 20+ days? Is it indeed out of the AquaC/Sapphire ballpark? Is it plug-and-play, or in need of constant tweaking? Thank you.

I have one on my Finnex m-tank 30... I have to say so far for nano skimmers there is not much of a selection and most are crap. The Tunze is not bad... At first it will put out micro bubbles for a few weeks. Also it needs the cup cleaned every couple of days or it produces less. not a bad skimmer and probably the best nano skimmer for now.

I think the reason we are not seeing good skimmers in the nano world is the manufactures think allot of us went small because we are cheap.

Dave

Archived