Innovative Marine Aquariums

20L Build with a twist

Marcvw79

Here is my plan a 20L drilled in the side for a overflow box that is 4" x4". This will drain into a 24x12x17 fuge under the stand. It will have a Finnex skimmer in it just because I have one. A 600 GPH pump will return water to the display. This will run through a SCWD with two outputs at each end of the tank. The reason I drilled the end of the tank is to leave both long sides viewable. I have drilled the 1" drain an cut and formed my overflow box.

20L_Tank_002.jpg

20L_Tank_004.jpg

Here is my plan a 20L drilled in the side for a overflow box that is 4" x4". This will drain into a 24x12x17 fuge under the stand. It will have a Finnex skimmer in it just because I have one. A 600 GPH pump will return water to the display. This will run through a SCWD with two outputs at each end of the tank. The reason I drilled the end of the tank is to leave both long sides viewable. I have drilled the 1" drain an cut and formed my overflow box.

Great start!

Cool concept!

20L IS the New Black....

Cool tank project, great beer selection.

The blue goes down smooooooooooth.

-Nate

I'm a big fan of the blue and red. The white is not as good.

Thank you aparker. Your tank is the one that got me motivated to do something with the 20L I had laying around.

No, thank YOU. It is gratifying to know that someone's reading all the cr@p I post on this site... :-}

What do you plan to keep coral wise.

Softies mainly I do have a birdsnest that is doing well under 40W of PC in my 10 gallon. The fixture I have for this tank is a Dual Satellite. Its 130W PC. The reason I went with this is my 29 gallon FW that has been running with the same light for close to 20 Yrs. So this really is a replacement light for it till I figure out what I really want for this tank. I would like to add maybe another SPS of some sort.

Well I have got my overflow glued in and alot of the equipment for the tank. Tomorrow I should have pictures of the stand I'm build for it less the doors. No doors because I can't find my router bit I wanna use :angry: The fuge came from Protien-Skimmers.com. Its way more than I need but I plan on using the equipment on a larger tank in the future. In addition to what you see in the pictures I should have a Aquacontroller JR here tomorrow.

Sump Finnex Skimmer Pump and JBJ ATO

DSC000471.JPG

Tank With overflow in place with the returns and SCWD.

DSC00048.JPG

Sorry I forgot the camera at the apartment so here are the camera phone pics of the stand. I still need to make the doors and add trim around the top.

Front of the stand.

Image009.jpg

One side and the back.

Image010.jpg

Looking into the stand from the back.

Image011.jpg

Mr.Fishman I'm from the Garland area but live right by North Park Mall.

So my AquaController Jr. got here today. SWEET is all I can say. I put the dual 30" pc fixture on my 10 gallon and hooked up the controller to control the lights. This thing is easy to program and set up. I will use it on the 10 till I'm ready to add livestock to the 20. This seams like a great easy to use product.

Well I have not got alot done the last week or so on this project. Today I did add the trim around the top of the stand and made one of the 3 doors. I also started work on the lid for the tank.

DSC000542.jpg

I will add a picture of what I did on the tank lid later.

Archived