ReefCleaners.org

13 gal rimless

supernip

Since reeftuners got pwn3d by oogie, I'll post this here. I still have to make a sump and stand, plus other misc odds and ends. Tank itself should be viable as a stand alone in 3 days.

6aeuwt3.jpg

6fz8vp0.jpg

68bf8lw.jpg

4y4xoqh.jpg

645fj0j.jpg

strangelove

Sweet build, is this the low iron glass you got from nano-paul? I'm guessing that the internal overflows will be drilled on the bottom, or is all the filtration going to happen in tank?

yes, glass courtesy of nano-paul. This whole project is going to cost me about as much as a custom tank itself elsewhere.

Those aren't overflows, there's no drilling. I will be using a U-tube overflow

4mhvl7n.jpg

4ub1ft1.jpg

4zmkti8.jpg

so what are the boxes for exaclty? or whats inside of them?

eh thanks that's the best compliment I've gotten yet. :blush:

The boxes are just there to hide some tunzes nanostreams. Not knowing what's in them, or why they're there was exactly what I was going for. Hopefully they will disappear altogether with the rocks in place

The boxes are just there to hide some tunzes nanostreams. Not knowing what's in them, or why they're there was exactly what I was going for. Hopefully they will disappear altogether with the rocks in place

Looking good nips! That thing is sexay!!!!!

mr.fishman01

oh i see. i wa like "why do the boxes have boxes cut out insdide of them?" but now i understand.

Initial rockwork is in place. Now to drain tap water, epoxy and cycle. I had some precycled rock but I opted for some ancient rock I've had. They date back to when I first started the hobby.

Pardon the pictures, I'm having a hard time showing depth as the rock is all bare. It really isn't anywhere as flat as it looks. Im not expecting a cycle as this rock has been cleaned out for years, but I'll take it slow just in case.

Also, here is a picture of water flow. It was monstrous without the rock but has since settled down with addition of rockwork.

64333o9.jpg

6hh8rqs.jpg

5yi11dg.jpg

This was initially a strict sps project but the rockwork screams for smaller proportioned livestock. I might have to throw in some macros

This is a really nice setup. I love when people do things custom and different from the norm. Sorry if I missed it, but what lighting are you using?

150w pendant. I've rearranged some of the rocks. It looks better now but I have the urge to throw in every piece I can find a wall the thing up

Archived