Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Final refugium and sump design

S.I.C.

Here is the final design. I added some baffles in the return chamber to reduce hopefully eliminate bubbles in the main tank! One pic turned blurry, but you get the idea.

Thanks to Juin21 for the great feedback.

Picture030.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Sweet, did you build that? What are the metal clips for?

No, I dont have that kind of time. I had Gen @ Kritter Tanks build it for me, he was easy to deal with and the price was right!

The metal clips hold the skimmer up. I will reconfigure them for production, I just put them on that way for photo purposes.

how many gallons and what size tank is it going on? pretty nice work

Its going into the new 28 gallon JBJ cabinet stand. I will be modding the stand and the tank as well.

The total fuge volume is 9 gallons after the mud and sand is added then the actual water volume should be about 7 gallons.

Skimmer/media chambers hold about 5 gallons combined. Once rock is added I guess about 4 gallons.

The return chamber holds 1.5-2.0 gallons. The total anticipated water volume is about 12 gallons.

The freshwater TO holds approx. 2 gallons and I hope that I will only need to fill it up once a week.

Won't the metal (in the clips) corrode with saltwater exposure?

Absolutely, but I will use the plastic clips when it goes into production. I have found some sprays that claim to stop rust but i trust them.

strangelove

That's an awesome build, let us know what you think of the Tunze skimmer, I like the compact design. Mud filter is a good choice, any mangroves or macros?

• 3 weeks later...
does the person who built that have a website

Sure does.

His price was outstanding and packaging was insane, it took about 10 minutes to get the layers of card board and styrofoam off.

Just design your sump/fuge and send it over for a qoute. I got multiple qoutes, not only was he the cheapest but also the easiest to deal with. His turn around time was great and kept his word.

I will have the sump up and running in the next week or two.

Archived