Coral Vue Hydros

Backup Power

DudE31

Well after having spent 300$ on my new discus and having invested easily 3000$ into both of my tanks i began to think what i would do if the power went out ... and then of course i see an add in the Canadian Tire flyer that they have backup power sources on sale :D .... so i need some opinions on these two .. i don't really want to spend to much money but i want something that will help maybe a filter or two run .... the first one i like because of the additional air compressor which means air stones in the tanks instead of a filter ... the second one however seems more heavy duty lol ... let me know what you think

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...D=1177018683047

#2. http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...D=1177018703955

thanks in advance

I bought one of those backup air pumps that automatically goes on, and attached a large sponge filter to it for my 125 gallon discus tank- works great, but I never had to use it (Knocks on computer desk) :lol:

lol so which one do you think i should go for .. the one with the air compressor ... because i want it to run a filter to in case my saltwater tank needs it

i don't really want to spend more than 200$ .. so i am assuming you mean #2 lol and i can always buy a battery powered air pump for 20$ from my work

:huh: ?? I meant # 2 b/c you said it was heavy duty + it seems more like what you want it for (backup power form multiple things... oh, and I had to find the zip code of a place in canada to see it... I get pts for effort! :lol:

a ups power supply will run a powerhead for hours and an air pump for days depending on the va output. i have a 1200 va that will run a single powerhead for around 12 hours. just make sure its a true sine wave ups. many powerheads have difficultly starting when using the less expensive modified sine wave ups. a 2 d cell air operated pump is also good to have in your arsenal. along with the above i also have a 12 volt jump start battery backup that has multiple voltage outputs, a 400 watt inveter that can run off my deep cycle battery or the jump start system and of coarse a 3000 watt portable generator.

Archived