Pod Your Reef

Halfpint's propagation thread

halfpint

I've been growig a lot of Kenya and Xenia for a while now and have decided to start fragging and selling it. I just went through my 12g NC and found 40+ Kenya frags drifting around the tank, so I set out to attach them to frag rocks. Since my superglue tube was glued shut, I resorted to using a needle and thread, which proved to be a major pain. I was also unable to attach all the frags, since you can't thread a 1/2" kenya frag too easily. I'll have to come back and do the rest after they're larger.

Here are some pictures of what I have so far. Most of these will be up for sale in a couple months.

pan.png

frags.png

where can you get those razors

:D From Emos 'r' Us. A friend of mine is a member there, so I just borrow his membership card.

Seriously, I get them at Wal*Mart or Home Depot. Look in the paint section near strippers and masking supplies. I buy them in 100 packs, since I use a new one every time I clean my tank's glass. You won't believe how fast they rust.

Thanks

No prob.

Prop til you drop halfpint!

One might ask, "Do you need 40 kenya tree frags?" to which I answer, "HELL YES!"

Good job youngin!

:lol: I know, I know...the addiction is just beginning. I know that I won't be able to stop proppin' till I have a clataclismic (I'm sure that spelled wrong) tank crash.

Next to frag: my prize green toadstool leather. :scarry: I'm a little scared to frag that one. It was a little expensive and it's my favorite.

*EDIT*

I found this old picture of the frag that all this Kenya came from. It's the ITTY BITTY frag beside the leather. All my Kenya came from that little dude. That's also the leather that I want to frag. It's very large now.

groupshot.jpg

Welcome to the club halfpint ;)

It always starts with "I am just gonna frag this kenya tree" then you end up with a tub full of stuff. Its a horrible addiction, its almost like crack! :lol:

Its a horrible addiction, its almost like crack! :lol:
I'm betting crack is easier to quit!!!

Oh crap. What have I gotten myself into.

Archived