Cultivated Reef

just got new stuff

phishy11

I finally got the cured live rock (5lbs) to add to my 15lbs of uncured rock. The cured rock is rather nice..has purple and green on and and nice caves in it. Hopefully it will seed my uncured portion. I also upgraded my lighting system with 70 dollar lights (sorry..i forgot what kind they were) and i got a glass top..wrong size though..Do i need a glass top?

Anyway i'll prob be adding damsels in a week or two.

:)

glass tops-to prevent fishes from jumping out.its optional.

damsels huh, lol.they are gangsters.

if you add them, you try not to add other species of fishes.

just add one to see if it lives..im not gona go and get a 20 dollar clown and then the next daay it dies haaha..plus my pet store lets you return them..

If you add damsels you will never catch them unless you take all the rocks out of the tank. And they are very territorials and aggressive. I had 3 of them (domino, four stripe and i forgot the other) they are little devils.

If you add damsels you will never catch them unless you take all the rocks out of the tank. And they are very territorials and aggressive. I had 3 of them (domino, four stripe and i forgot the other) they are little devils.

yeah,ive herd that. But what other inexpencive fish can i add to a new tank?

yeah,ive herd that. But what other inexpencive fish can i add to a new tank?

coral goby or a clown goby. They arent too expensive.

Tangman1218
just add one to see if it lives...

Why r u gunna do this? I dont know who youve been getting yur advice from, but Id reconsider this choice. There are other options.

First option should be the most obvious. Check yur parameters in 3 weeks. If you have 0 nitrites and 0 ammonia levels, you can put that clown in there that you want. People are to quick to jump the gun and get something as a tester. Wrong wrong wrong. Patience, young one. :happy:

Im not here to condemn you, rather, Im here to enlighten you. ;)

Tang

yeah,i guess i have ben rushing into things a bit too soon.. but i have ben running the tank for 3 weeks..

i just wanna get some fish in there !! haha. maybe ill wait..dont wanna kill any inacent fishys.

skillplyr55

Damsels arent all bad I have a three stripe a blue a green chromis and a yellow tail in with my maroon clown and they get along nice I do agree that if you do put them in there you will have to remove everything to catch them it just bothers me that LFS advise people to use them like lab rats best advise is just to give it some more time your levels will even out and then get somthing you will be happy with as far as the anenomes go my fav. is the green carpet

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Please don't encourage people to buy carpet anemones for nano-reefs. Phishy, you could try a bubble tip anemone as they're pretty easy as anemones go and percs easily host in them. I would let your tank mature for a few more months, and I would recommend a protein skimmer if you want to keep an anemone. It's best to buy the anemone first, let it find its favorite spot in the tank, and add the corals later so it there is a lesser chance of it roaming around and stinging them.

Archived