inTank Media Baskets

Perry's Finnex 30 Gallon

Perry

Alright I know I've been active on everyone elses threads and I told everyone that I would start one for my tank. Well, here it is for everyone to give their opinions.

This was the start of the tank.

DSC01193.jpg

This is what it looks like now.

DSC01565.jpg

I started with the stock T5 lights and Skimmer. I now have a Homby 380w fixture and an AquaC Remora Skimmer.

Today I boxed up the Hydor Koralia 2 to ship it back to Hydor for replacement. Incase everyone might not be aware here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved back from Hydor.

"Hello Perry,

We are asking that the 2&3 Koralias be returned to us. A very small % have a problem but we cant identify which ones were from same batch.

Please ship them back to us for warrenty replacement. Please include a shipping address and a phone number.

The new units are being air freighted to my door around April 5th.

Hydor USA

4147 Northgate Blvd

Suite 6

Sacramento, Ca 95834 "

So if anyone has any of there pumps I would either ship them back or stay posted to the websites for when they pin down the batch that are bad.

wtf man they didnt send me an email...i even sent them one askin if the recall thing was true and they never responded. Im gonna take a chance and hope i got one from the good batch.

Tank looks good, i just saw ur camparison shot in the finnex 30 gallon owners unite thread from the stock bulb to the phoenix and the phoenix is 10 times better, can you get some close ups?

wtf man they didnt send me an email...i even sent them one askin if the recall thing was true and they never responded. Im gonna take a chance and hope i got one from the good batch.

Tank looks good, i just saw ur camparison shot in the finnex 30 gallon owners unite thread from the stock bulb to the phoenix and the phoenix is 10 times better, can you get some close ups?

I'll try to take some new photos today after it kicks on.

Here you go.

First off the Full Tank shot taken today.

Fulltank3-31-07.jpg

Second is what I would call the money shot for my Reef.

Veritcal.jpg

Third is the spawn.

Frogspawn.jpg

Fourth a good shot of the Montipora's extentions.

CloseMonitoraExtended.jpg

The last shot is of RED in his BTA.

DirectShotOfRedandBTA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is for all you Finnex M-tank owners, I will be posting detailed instructions on how to build this stand later this week. The stand will have two doors on the front and one drawer. If my measurements are correct I should be able to get a ten gallon tank for my ATO and my Current USA 1/10 chiller in the underside of the tank. I'll make sure I keep this updated.

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm finally updating your guys that might actually care... Here are some new shots of the tank and all but finished stand.

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

This is for all you Finnex M-tank owners, I will be posting detailed instructions on how to build this stand later this week. The stand will have two doors on the front and one drawer. If my measurements are correct I should be able to get a ten gallon tank for my ATO and my Current USA 1/10 chiller in the underside of the tank. I'll make sure I keep this updated.

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

it look like the frame work don't support the frame of the tank. that might be a problem in the long run with the chance of the stand from bowing inward.

Tank and stand are looking good, Perry! B) I was gonna stick my Artica Nano 1/20th chiller in my Finnex stand I have for the tank, but I thought it wouldn't get sufficient circulation of air in there. So I bought a small table/stand to put it on that also comes in handy for my ATO bucket which stores out of sight underneith. B) But your stand setup if very nice and came out great!

• 3 weeks later...
whoa tank looks awesome, nice stand too, i forget, and i hate reading, but are you using a 20k bulb?

Actually it's a Phoenix 14K and 130 watts of actinic. Sorry it took so long to reply but I'm not getting e-mails when someone posts. I'll try to remember to keep checking.

Tank and stand are looking good, Perry! B) I was gonna stick my Artica Nano 1/20th chiller in my Finnex stand I have for the tank, but I thought it wouldn't get sufficient circulation of air in there. So I bought a small table/stand to put it on that also comes in handy for my ATO bucket which stores out of sight underneith. B) But your stand setup if very nice and came out great!

I was thinking the same thing about circulation but since I have the tank in a corner I haven't had an issue yet. The tank says around 79 degrees all the time.....Just what I set it on and it actually really doesn't kick on that much.

oh i see....if possible, can u get a shot with only the phoenix on and actinics turned off....im thinkin i want the 14k phoenix and wanna see what it looks like....and who better to ask than a dude with the same tank

oh i see....if possible, can u get a shot with only the phoenix on and actinics turned off....im thinkin i want the 14k phoenix and wanna see what it looks like....and who better to ask than a dude with the same tank

Sure I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. I need to make sure my white balance on the camera is set so I can give you a true look.

Thanks everybody.

It seems like it's finally filling in. All good things come to those who wait. I've been doing 5 gallon water changes weekly and a 10 gallon water change once a month. The only issues I've been having is trying to get my calcium up. Right now it stays around 250ppm even though I put calcium in the top off and dose a couple times a week. With all the water changes and additions of calcium I just can't win. Everything else checks out good. Alkalinity, PH, Salinity, and of course nitrates and nitrites aren't showing.

I think the monti is the culprate, that things grows daily. I've already fraged it twice.

Oh well, I guess I can't complain. I haven't lost a coral yet. In fact, the only thing I lost in the past six months was the six line when I had to move the tank to put the floors in. It got put in a 10 gallon with all the corals and most of the LR.

I have 2 clams and a few SPS pieces in my tank, yet my Ca still stays around 500ppm, even if I W/C once a month! I can't figure out why...

Good to hear you're tank is doing well though! Have you looked into Ionic-B to dose to keep your Ca up?

Have you looked into Ionic-B to dose to keep your Ca up?

I've never seen or heard of Ionic-B. I'll have to do some more research. I know I don't want to raise the Ca too fast or I'll mess up my Alk.

I've never seen or heard of Ionic-B. I'll have to do some more research. I know I don't want to raise the Ca too fast or I'll mess up my Alk.

It's a 2-part CA and alk dosing solution. :)

Archived