Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

iNTRODUCING MYSELF AND MY 12G NC DX

Clayton07

ok so I thought I would put my tank on here, and see what you guys think.

EDIT The pictures below are not of my tank...lol I dont know where those came from!

hood

12g NC DX

LED night light fix from Nano-Tuners

IN TANK

20lbs live Figi sand

20 lbs Premium Figi Rock

small rio power head

Filtration

1st chamber stack (bottom to top)

stock sponge

small fluval carbon bag

stock sponge

full bag Phos Guard

Full bag Puregen

small fluval carbon bag

Large fluval pollishing pad

2nd chamber

3.5 lbs live rock

small fluval carbon bag

3rd chamber

stock pump

temp probe

coralife titanium aquarium ground

Corals

Gren Favia

Finger leather

4 pulsing xenia (of course)

electric green richordia

red mushroom

2 dark green/purple mushrooms

frog spawn

2 kenya trees

green star polyps

candy corals

chili coral

bubble coral

electric green toadstool leather

purple green scolymia

purple peaple eaters

fire and ice zoos

eagle eye zoos

mellow yellow zoos

royal blue zoos

radioactive dragon eye zoos

green plys

red palys

and one sps frag =) just to see if it would live. Its been over a week...and its all good!

live stock

4 turbo snails

5 nass snails

yellow tail damsel (temperary)

yellow stripe maroon clown

randals goby (extreemly small)

6 line wrass

rose bubble tip anemone

zoo6.JPG

left-right.JPG

front31.JPG

rightleft.JPG

right7.JPG

zoos22.JPG

left5.JPG

small_kenya.JPG

tell me what you think! Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Koral krazy (reefer 365)
:) The RBTA looks so beautiful, but it might outgrow the provided room near all of your corals.
Pinner Reef

Woah you got that up quick! you've got another tank don't ya... Looks good though.

And as always welcome aboard!

:welcome:

-pinner

:) The RBTA looks so beautiful, but it might outgrow the provided room near all of your corals.

I like him because he stays put. he doesnt move around at all. Once he found a spot he liked he stayed there, and has been there ever since. He is splitting right now, so once he is done I will get rid of the other one. And he becomes a pain I will have to get rid of him. My clown is in love with it though!

Woah you got that up quick! you've got another tank don't ya... Looks good though.

And as always welcome aboard!

:welcome:

-pinner

No This is my only salt water tank. I have a 55g african malawai cichlid tank, but thats it. I just happen to have good hook ups, advice, time, and cash. LOL :D

...and water quality OCD

thanks for the welcome!

Is all of that with the Stock DX lights?

I saw where you did the Nano-Tuners fix. How was that?

Have you had any problems with Nitrates with those stock sponges in the back?

In your middle chamber just how FULL is 3.5 lbs of LR in there? Anything like Cheato in there?

Where do you have your heater?

Is the stock pump keeping up with everything? Or is that Rio in addition to the stock pump?

Tank looks simply AMAZING! You can count on me picking your brain a good bit. I just got my 12g DX and can't wait to get it going.

AWESOME!!

Allen :)

Is all of that with the Stock DX lights?

I saw where you did the Nano-Tuners fix. How was that?

Have you had any problems with Nitrates with those stock sponges in the back?

In your middle chamber just how FULL is 3.5 lbs of LR in there? Anything like Cheato in there?

Where do you have your heater?

Is the stock pump keeping up with everything? Or is that Rio in addition to the stock pump?

Tank looks simply AMAZING! You can count on me picking your brain a good bit. I just got my 12g DX and can't wait to get it going.

AWESOME!!

Allen :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes (to all) Those are the stock DX lights (2x24 watt PC). I thought about getting MH, but I dont really see the need for it. I am not a gigantic sps fan so the stock lighting is good enough.

The nano-tuners moon light fix is DEFINATLY worth the money. It took me about 30 min to install it. Only because I had never taken the hood apart before, so I was trying to be careful. All you do is simply replace a clip inside, and use one that hooks up directly with a seperate ac adapter (included). It was so nice to have them on seperat timers. I have the main balast on a Sylvania industrial digital timer, and the moon lights on a GE appliance timer. My main lights come on at 2:30 pm and turn off at 10:00pm.

timers1.JPG

I have no nitrate/nitrate problems with the stock sponges. Durring the cycling process I dossed pretty heavaly with Biozyme. It it basicly the good nitrificating bacteria that is found in your live rock...but in a little red jar. I made sure that the rocks in the back and in the front were full of good bacteria. I also take the sponges out once a week and clean them with clean salt water. I just throw away the water polishing pads becuase they never seem to get clean.

The middle chamber is pretty full with the live rock I have in there. No Macro algae just rock and a little carbon in that middle chamber. I am going to replace it with a sapphire skimmer. with a hang in uv steralizer in the last chamber.

I have no heater. It never really gets cold in my house 75 degrees +/-. My water is a constant 80 degrees.

I am using the stock pump for right now. I am still researching the very best pump to put in there without creating a whirlpool. There is a ton of random flow in there with the extra help of the little rio powerhead. Im going to try to post a pick of the chili coral opened up. It is usualy 1.75 his normal size at that time, and really cool looking.

Thanks for your interest, and please tell me what you guys have done differantly.

stock lighting??? props to keeping those corals in good shape

shouldnt the maroon clown need a bigger tank?

not for right now. he is only as big as the last knuckle of my thumb. when he gets too big I will trade him for somthing else. Same goes with corals, or anything else alive in this little tank! lol

I thought I would update the pics with the new African Blues

blue1.JPG

blue2.JPG

blue_3.JPG

There are about 30 polyps tottal. I had just put these in the tank 30 min before hand so they are not all opened up yet in these pics.

eastcoaster70

live stock

4 turbo snails

5 nass snails

6 line wrass

rose bubble tip anemone

No problems with your bioload? Your not running any kind of skimmer, right? Damn, maybe I'm being too conservative with my NC12!

live stock

4 turbo snails

5 nass snails

6 line wrass

rose bubble tip anemone

No problems with your bioload? Your not running any kind of skimmer, right? Damn, maybe I'm being too conservative with my NC12!

no, no problems with bioload so far. The damsel will be gone anyway this weekend. That is if I can catch him!!

eastcoaster70
no, no problems with bioload so far. The damsel will be gone anyway this weekend. That is if I can catch him!!

man, good luck with that. draw him to the surface with flakes or something, and have that net ready in the other hand. can't imagine you pulling things apart to get that sucker...

I tried catching him before but he is smart! He doesnt get fooled twice thats for sure. It took the guy at the fish store 15 min. to get him in the net, and there wasnt anything else in the tank!

eastcoaster70
I tried catching him before but he is smart! He doesnt get fooled twice thats for sure. It took the guy at the fish store 15 min. to get him in the net, and there wasnt anything else in the tank!

might have to just learn to love em...

might have to just learn to love em...

That is possible. I was thinking about building a little trap.

Archived