Top Shelf Aquatics

Five PPE polyps for $6.50 shipped!

FreakShow

No not for you silly....for me! :P

I just scored five "true" Purple People Eaters for $6.50. Thats right....seeeeeexfiddy sheeped...

Chattanooga_Aquarium_018.jpg

So last night I went out to my front garden to put on the sprinklers and I noticed a fedex package on the front porch. It was addressed to me and was a perishables box? Hmmmm. Had my wife surprised me with some corals? Unlikely. She usually gives me a gift certificate or cash so that I can get what I want.

I took the box in and opened it. Sure enough it was full of coral. Palys I thought. About six bags. I immediately ran to the computer to see if I had done any late night sleep bidding on eBay. Nothing there. I checked me email to see if I had forgotten any old transactions. No.

I did not recognize the name on the return address. It was in GA, the state I currently live in. I called the number and a guy answered. I asked for the female name on the return label. The guy sound a little put off and asked what I wanted to talk with her about. I explained that I had received this box of coral I hadn't ordered. His tone changed and he said he would have his partner call me back.

Apparently a company I had ordered a cleaner package from a month earlier had mistakenly placed my address on a package full of PPEs bound for someone else’s tank. The return name I believe was one of the owner’s wives who was helping with shipping. When it was all said an done, Stan of Reef Creatures Unlimited in Sharpsburg GA asked me to send the package back ground, and for my trouble, keep a 5 polyped frag. Shipping was $6.50!

Now I know what some of you starving dirt bag reefers are probably thinking, "why didn't you just keep all those PPEs and sell and trade a few here on NR." Well thats just not how this freak likes to role.

And if you were waiting on a package of PPEs fromn Stan....sorry, they took a little detour...into my tank!

Very nias... :naughtydance:

no not cool they guy should have just said keep them now he made you go out of your way to send them back ground were they will most likely die? the nice thing would have been to give you all them. but still nice score but you have to see what im saying. he would rater see them dead then give it to someone for free.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

so according to ebay you just scored approx $1500 worth of coral with those ppe's :) (seen them go for $300 a polyp. nice score!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got one of these today with like 12 polyps for free. And I didnt notice till i got home and went aclimate the xenia I bought for 10 dollars. When I poured out the bag into my drip container there was a second frag. So 2 frags for the price of one.

djchristone
The return name I believe was one of the owner’s wives

what country do YOU live in? O.O i want multiple wives -_- haha jk :P that'd be surround sound b****ing -_-

The Propagator

GOOD JOB FREAK !!! :)

You helped some one get the coral they ordered and paid for and inreturn you got some SMOKING HOT PPE !!!

I am faxing you a beer as I type !

;)

Archived