SaltCritters.com

NEVER order from Saltwaterfish.com

djchristone

these guys are tricky bastarges -_-

ok...well first of all, my roommate and i ordered alittle over 250$ worth of stuff from these guys on sunday night expecting them to ship out on monday morning. nooooo...when did they ship it out? THURSDAY -__- that was the first big ### off right there...

after we had confirmed out order and what not, their free shipping policy is absolute s***. here's what the email receipt looked like:

"Total Shipping: $0.00 Total Surcharge: $9.99 Total Fuel Charge: $9.99 Total Tax: $0.00 Order Total: $262.77" they charged us a "box fee" and a "fuel fee" for fedex to come and "pick it up".

then when i get the box, it hardly weighs anything at all. they put one 2 measly looking heat pads which weren't even hot or warm at all and there was hardly any water for any of the fish. the pajama cardinal HAD to lie on it's side because half of it's body was sticking out of the water. none of the hermit crabs or snails shipped with water (most of the snails are dead) and we received 3 dead fish.

and now they want us to mail EVERYTHING back in 3 ziplock bags packed with table salt -_- we're freaking college students. where are we going to find that much table salt? -_- on top of that, when we emailed them, all they wrote back was "Read our 15 Day Guarantee"...

and here's a little post by mudfish in a different thread about this place:

Huh... You may be interested in this. I live about 20-25 miles south of that place. I had a "bonus" day off yesterday, so for the helluvit, I drove up there to see the place and see if maybe they would sell retail, or let me order off their website but drive up and pickup and avoid the shipping.

Took a while to find the place - crappy industrial garage on a dirt road, piles of boxes and junk EVERYWHERE. No sign, no nothin'... One woman behind a desk, with "Beware of the Dogs" sign. She said "No" to my requests, and I drove home.

It wasn't very inspiring....

buyers beware.

avalanche1201

Im on the mailing list just for the hell of it. It doesnt look very professional at all. Guess Ill never order from there, but there prices are tempting at times

i ordered my 12 gal aqua pod 70 watt hqi and they were the cheapest with free shipping. everything worked out perfect for me. sorry for your bad experience.

Hey I am college student also you should know where to get the table salt just go to a party where Tequila is being served

JR

just trying to lighten everything up... Liveaquaria.com is the way to go next time I had go the best results with them

snails are usually shipped in almost no water. shippers have found a higher survival rate when doing so. (snail doesn't drown in his own poop water)

Hey I am college student also you should know where to get the table salt just go to a party where Tequila is being served

JR

just trying to lighten everything up... Liveaquaria.com is the way to go next time I had go the best results with them

haha imagine that. "hey guys. i need that salt to send my fish back. sooo...if you'll excuse me...*takes salt*" instantly 10 jocks surround us and shove our dead fish down our throats :P indeed though, liveaquaria is always the way to go :)

snails are usually shipped in almost no water. shippers have found a higher survival rate when doing so. (snail doesn't drown in his own poop water)

really? o.O every other time we've ordered snails they've come in water and were ok...except that one time when several turbos were somehow ripped out of their shells during transit and killed half the turbos in the bag...

this is not in the right place.

lol i know but i wanted to make the biggest impact and where else other than the gen discussion thread? :P

That's too bad, sorry to hear about your experience with them. I was always skeptical of them because of the low prices. In their defense as far as the extra charges, though, the $9.99 Processing Fee and the $9.99 Fuel Charge both show up if you click to view your cart before you actually pay for the order. I noticed that a while back when I was thinking of giving them a shot.

Ive ordered from them once and they did me pretty good gave me some extra snails and hermit crabs and about 5 extra lbs of live rock. Sorry for your bad experience everybody makes mistakes once in awhile tho.

richmondreefer

i ordered a scooter blenny from them around a yr ago along with some other odds and ends, the blenny was the only one that arrived DRT. He was in a very small bag with around a cup of water, but they did refund me with little to no hassle just wanted me to ship him back to them.

I had good experiences with them. Ordered coral from them a year ago and all is still alive. They also gave me some free hermits.

I would never order fish online from anyone. Their coral is really good!

JME

MJD

Archived