SaltCritters.com

Anemone ID

supernip

I picked up this nice looking anemone and have no idea what it is. I don't think it's a BTA however, as I've never seen one in that color and the tips are bulbed even when deflated

mystery-anemone.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gracias

It kinda does have that carpet look in the tentacles, but its definitely not one. The tentacles aren't numerous enough and the anemone is the wrong shape, with the whole column. =/

It's actually more BTAish. Im debating whether to call the Prolapsed a anemone or the a kiss of death anemone

it sort of reminds me of Audrey, from little petshop of horror, as well

It kinda does have that carpet look in the tentacles, but its definitely not one. The tentacles aren't numerous enough and the anemone is the wrong shape, with the whole column. =/

It's actually more BTAish. Im debating whether to call the Prolapsed a anemone or the a kiss of death anemone

it sort of reminds me of Audrey, from little petshop of horror, as well

Ya the only reason i though it was a carpet, was because of the tentacles! But then again cant really tell since it isnt opened up that much, maybe you could post another pic when i opens up more?

I am leaning towards a ric that had Botox injections, on it's lips...... tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Botox! That was the word I was looking for yesterday!

The Propagator

Get a pic of it after it has setteled in a week or two from now, and I bet it looks completely different.

Will probably be ALOT easier to ID as well.

How big is this guy?

I have one that's about the size of a dime and it ate a nassarius vibex last night!

I think i have 2 of these on the same rock, i have had the rock for a year and just noticed them, they only open up at NIGHT during the day they look like a green booger about the size of a booger...

I think i have 2 of these on the same rock, i have had the rock for a year and just noticed them, they only open up at NIGHT during the day they look like a green booger about the size of a booger...

AWWW JEEZ

Corynactis spp. are mainly temperate species, known as Strawberry anemones. They are small, not usually larger than one inch (2.5 cm) in diameter, and colonial, reproducing by fission and pedal laceration to cover large areas of rocks. Tropical species may occasionally be introduced to aquariums with live rock. The tropical species are less colorful, tend to be cryptic, and form much less densely packed colonies. All Corynactis spp. feed on zooplankton and particulate organic matter. To keep them healthy and encourage division, they need to be fed at least several times per week. A "milkshake" of chopped seafood can be used, but they will also take flake or pelletized foods, and frozen shrimp or worms.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived