Coral Vue Hydros

MFish's NC6

MFish

So, I couldn't help myself. A local LFS that was shutdown for over a year due to a fire in their stripmall [water damage wrecked the store] opened up again and they had NC6's for 90 and NC24's for 199.. Well, as much as I wanted to get the 24 and transfer my current tank into it, I couldn't bear tearing down my seamless tank.

So... I bought the NC6.... :)

Currently it's setup as its own system, but in the future I may consider a syphon connecting both tanks [i.e turn it into a planted tank or something] since they are the same height.

Pictures to come when my camera cable is found [plus it's cloudy as hell right now]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, my TV now needs a new spot >_>

Hmm..

The nano Cube 6 penny for penny is a great tank.....

stay with the lower light stuff and you will be thrilled with it.

I think my zoa frags are going to go into it. I might chop apart the hood and get another light in there or something.

Here is another NC6 I bought used when a guy here was selling mushroom rock....

got the tank and the rock pretty much the same week..... :P

Just now starting to settle in.....bout two weeks.

nc6.jpg

Yes I did upgrade the pump to the minijet606 and yes it's the JBJ skimmer.....

i want a nanocube six ok

Ok ok.

[PS your myspace is gone :( ]

Well, I got the Waratah anemone in there, and I added a bunch of zoos from my other reef that were taking up room on the sandbed. Right now I'm weighing the options for a chiller [not many that dont suck, and those even may not work]

:welcome: to the NC6 cult

Thanks B)

It was actually your NC6 that made me want to go this route. Except now that I have the Waratah I need to keep the temps relatively low. What was your tank running with the 2.27x1.18 mod?

Thanks B)

It was actually your NC6 that made me want to go this route. Except now that I have the Waratah I need to keep the temps relatively low. What was your tank running with the 2.27x1.18 mod?

80 night/82 day

***If your going the cold water reef direction you don't need much light, but a chiller would be recommended.

Yea, and I highly doubt I'm going to take the risk of drilling it at this point, topless is going to have to be the way I keep it cool and draw water to the chiller.

Right now it's running at 73 with the fan in my room on and my window cracked. We'll see what happens in a few hours. I'm definitely getting a current chiller for this.

Yea, and I highly doubt I'm going to take the risk of drilling it at this point, topless is going to have to be the way I keep it cool and draw water to the chiller.

Right now it's running at 73 with the fan in my room on and my window cracked. We'll see what happens in a few hours. I'm definitely getting a current chiller for this.

Chris had a REFURBISHED iCA 2.0 for $65 shipped posted in the Nanotuners garage sale a while back. You might give him a call to see if it's still available.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...103120&st=0

Chris had a REFURBISHED iCA 2.0 for $65 shipped posted in the Nanotuners garage sale a while back. You might give him a call to see if it's still available.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...103120&st=0

Do you think that thing could really pull the temps down from 75-78[highest its gotten] to 70 or below? [and fit on the nc6, since that thread you posted says its for the AP24]

Do you think that thing could really pull the temps down from 75-78[highest its gotten] to 70 or below? [and fit on the nc6, since that thread you posted says its for the AP24]

I though by current chiller you meant a iCA type chiller. My bad

You're right about needing to keep the water temps below 70, & closer to 60 would be better. The iCA type chiller is not going to make that happen. I'm not sure the NC6 is the best tank for a cold-water reef. An insulated tank with glass on the viewing side only would be much more economical to keep chilled.

Economical, yes.

Available right now? Not really.

I keep my room quite cold compared to the rest of the house [windows are open and its 39 out right now] So my room is a little under 70 itself. I think my best bet, for right now, is to get the NC6 its own stand [and away from my current reef's halide range] and closer to the windows.

I actually have a 24x24 stand, it would just need a piece of wood over the top to keep the NC in place [since it is ment to hold a 24x24 tank by the edges] I'll have to go to home depot tomorrow after work or something.

For now, though, here's pictures.

waratah1.jpg

6gto11g.jpg

tanks.jpg

looks great. hopefully you can keep its color fingerscrossed

Hope so, I don't want it getting ugly and clearish-purple like adins! :haha:

Just kidding, even those are cool, but I do prefer this blood-red coloration.

I'm going to do what adin did and get some guppies gutloaded on cyclopeeze today. We'll see if it takes 'em. [Which it should, I squirted cyclopeeze at it last night and it went crazy]

wow! the color is very vibrant! GL with it. let me know how it goes, because i would love to set up a tank for one of those in the future

Archived