ReefCleaners.org

My 10g cube

Socalsuperhero

Socalsuperhero

I finally got my new tank up and running. Nothing too exciting right now since I'm still waiting on the lights, which will be a dual 70w MH setup. My tank started life as a NanoWave 9, but I really can't claim that's what it is anymore. I gutted the original rear compartments, built a custom overflow, drilled the tank, built a custom hood, and made a fake sand bed. As it matures it will udoubtedly become a predominately sps tank. Don't know why the pictures came out with the sump light looking green. It's running 13w 10k and a 13w actinic (which I'm going to switch for 65k). For a sump return I'm using a MJ600 with an MJ400 impeller. There's an mj1200 in the tank for circulation, which will be changed out before I start stocking.

Originally the tank was going to use a closed loop system, which I actually built and tested. Afterwards I remembered why i don't like nano closed loops and scraped it.

In addition to the lights I need more liverock and am contemplating two nano streams on a wave maker timer.

fts34.jpg

sump3.jpg

• 1 month later...
Socalsuperhero

Updated pics. Added some more live rock and rescaped the tank. Added some crabs, a giant turbo snail that I had banished to the sump in my other tank, and some frags from my other tank.

Img_3675.jpg

Img_3676.jpg

Img_3677.jpg

Img_3674.jpg

Img_3668.jpg

Img_36691.jpg

Img_3670.jpg

Img_3672.jpg

Img_3673.jpg

• 5 months later...

I love what you did with your nanowave9!

I have one and I did some mods to for the same reasons.

Now I want to connect it inline to another tank that I have. I want to drill a hole in the side. From your photos, it looks like the glass goes all the way to the back of the tank. Did you peel the plastic off the sides? And I also wanted to thank you for your nanowave9 mod journal. Very interesting! And you are very talented!

Lynne

Archived