Pod Your Reef

70 watt electronic halide ballasts

BruiseAndy

Have some 70 watt electronic metal halide ballasts for M143, M139, or M98 lamps. Ballasts are manufactured by Aromat. Wiring diagram on the aromat site shows these ballasts wired to HQI lamps so I'd assume there wouldn't be any issue with that. They measure 3"x3.5"x1.5". You can find a full data sheet here:

http://www.vossloh-schwabe.com/usa/pdf/Mini_Square.pdf

$25 each shipped priority in lower 48.

Have about 10 of them

Have some 70 watt electronic metal halide ballasts for M143, M139, or M98 lamps. Ballasts are manufactured by Aromat. Wiring diagram on the aromat site shows these ballasts wired to HQI lamps so I'd assume there wouldn't be any issue with that. They measure 3"x3.5"x1.5". You can find a full data sheet here:

http://www.vossloh-schwabe.com/usa/pdf/Mini_Square.pdf

$25 each shipped priority in lower 48.

Have about 10 of them

I'm looking for a 70Watt ballast to build a DIY Metal Halide for my 10 gallon. Will this work wit a 70 Watt 14K DE bulb? The DIY threads recommend NAIS ballasts, but I have seen these for sale too.

Nais is a 5eu this is a 6eu (newer generation) the wave and frequency are the same so they should work the same. This one is slightly more efficent and can withstand a higher ambient.

packaged up and ready to go

guess I should have gone for 35 each just sold all of them :D

Obviously an interest in these I'll see if I can get more.

Got mine today! They're more for backup and future projects though, so I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to fire them.

Thanks again!

Eric

Good news first person I sent these to just hooked them up. Tried on 3 different bulbs and they all fired correctly.

yes a electronic ballast will fire any bulb as long as its the right watt.

DKreefkeepers

I dropped the coin and got the ice cap 70w ballast and the bulbs that I test fired on it were BRIGHT. Much brighter than some of the other 70w setups that I have seen.

yes a electronic ballast will fire any bulb as long as its the right watt.

Dont mean to hijack here, but that statement isnt entirely correct. Coralvue electronic ballasts do not fire XM bulbs.

Tang

Archived