Pod Your Reef

Lexax / PolyCarbonate

a1rabbit

I have a few peices of scrap lexan laying around... I'm looking at making a tank cover out of one. It says to expose the unprinted side to sunlight but I don't know why.

Does it block UV rays or something? Will it be ok to use for a hood or will it remove things teh fish need... should I save it for something else?

One hood will be for a 3g pico, one will be a small cover for a ac 110/500 fuge.

Thanks.

I have a few peices of scrap lexan laying around... I'm looking at making a tank cover out of one. It says to expose the unprinted side to sunlight but I don't know why.

Does it block UV rays or something? Will it be ok to use for a hood or will it remove things teh fish need... should I save it for something else?

One hood will be for a 3g pico, one will be a small cover for a ac 110/500 fuge.

Thanks.

Polycarbonate or lexan would probably be ok for that use. PC or lexan has a habit of bowing or pulling to sunlight or strong light, and some of it also has a coating applied as well,, but none of the associated problems will be of concern for uyur use. I wold not use it submerged in water however.

non-photosynt

I'm using thin lexan for this purpose, no problem so far (few months), only for the big tanks it should be thicker to keep flatness.

Side up is with UV protection.

I wold not use it submerged in water however.

Hmm, I've been thinking of making some baffles for this in a sump/fuge type thing. You don't think it would be smart to use in tank water?

Archived