inTank Media Baskets

RED's TANKS!

bigredreefer

Okay here is MY THREAD!! That means NO HYJACKING!!

55g-

Fluval 405

Emperor 400 (looking for cheato if someone has any!!)

Artica Chiller

A squib (I love the effect)

2-175W MH - 14k - 2 fans in hood

2-110W VHOs

2- Rio 800s

12g- DISMANTLED

Replaced pump with Rio 800

Still using two 50-50 compacts

Here are the Pictures

ReefTanks079.jpg

ReefTanks077.jpg

ReefTanks076.jpg

ReefTanks074.jpg

ReefTanks066.jpg

ReefTanks065.jpg

ReefTanks064.jpg

ReefTanks063.jpg

ReefTanks061.jpg

Haha No those are my newest addition. The are bright red zoas with a neon green mouth. Its funny because they are like miget zoas. They are my second favorite, behind my blues (or should I say Katara's)

RED

I just found a really cool morph in my new palyps. Its bright red/orange skirt, sky blue middle, red/orange mouth. They are really small palyps, so I'll need to try and find a macro lens to borrow to try and show them off. I LOVE REEFING!!! :happydance::happydance: .. Thats right, its the happy dance

RED

i love your zoas!

Thank you!! I absolutly love zoas!! They are my favorite and Im always on the look out to aquire a few more. :) hint hint anyone

RED

lookin good.fts?

FTS

ReefTanks087.jpg

More pictures for you plate lovers (its feeding time!)

ReefTanks088.jpg

Mouths full of food..... :)

ReefTanks089.jpg

ReefTanks092.jpg

ReefTanks090.jpg

RED

Got two new colonies today!! Hopefully have pictures up tomorrow.

1st one is these teal/sky blue with blue skirts

2nd is another colony of green skirts with blue centers w/ green skirts blue centers orange mouths

RED

What's the secret to keeping plates happy?

I have a green fungia that seems to be taking a turn for the worse-

I feed Rod's Food to it 2-3x week - The plate was in my mantis tank for a couple months then it's skeleton started to begin showing - I've since relocated it to my 20H and it's still not getting any better.

I find that mine only seems to REALLY thrive when I spot feed it daily or every other day. I have moved mine around a lot and between both my tanks. It seemed to do well everywhere I placed it, but it really loves the floor with lower flow.

Feeding process:

1) Dose the tank with cyclops and wait 5-10 mins

2) Spot feed brine shimp

3) Sit back and watch :eek:

RED

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys I really need some help here. I am almost to the point of exploding!! My roommate and I have been arguing over the electric bill. He is telling me that my tank uses .60 kwh per 2 hours. Thus meaning my fish tank uses over $50 worth of electricity a month??

I need solid proof for him, so post only if you can provide a way for me to prove him wrong............. please!

RED

One Eyed Bunny

... I believe they make gauges for your outlets that can measure how much electricity is being consumed. I would check your local hardware store or possibly call an electrician. They may be able to point you in a better direction. Run it for a week and then record the results. It'll tell you exactly how much your tank uses if you make sure to plug everything into that one socket.

... I believe they make gauges for your outlets that can measure how much electricity is being consumed. I would check your local hardware store or possibly call an electrician. They may be able to point you in a better direction. Run it for a week and then record the results. It'll tell you exactly how much your tank uses if you make sure to plug everything into that one socket.

Thank you I will be getting one of those today. I was almost ready to just say f#*k it Im taking it down and moving it to my room where only I get to see it. :P

RED

circusordie16

if youre running strong lights on your tank than you might be using around that much electricty. thats like 300 watts an hour which could be possible.

Haha...

Sh#t then maybe I shouldn't set up my new MH fixture.... two 175w and two VHOs.

But right now I have cheap disposable lights until I finish my hood. (Gave my T5s to my friend for his tank.

I think I'll get the gauge just in case though, I didnt think running a tank would be so expensive electricity-wise.

Thanks guys

RED

Archived