inTank Media Baskets

Sapphire Aquatics Hang on Refugium

Sapphire Aquatics

Sapphire Aquatics

Just wanted to give everybody here on nano-reef the first view of the new Sapphire Aquatics 18" Hang on Refugium. All of the components are individually controlled. This way you can run the refugium without the skimmer while you feed your coral, or only run the skimmer for a few hours a day if you like to keep a nutrient rich tank for SPS or gorgonians. The input pump has an adjustable flow, from 75 to 180 GPH, and a surface skimmer to optimize the skimmer's performance and keep the protein from collecting on the surface of the water. There are three black eggcrate trays to run chemical media such as activated carbon, Phosban, filter floss, or Purigen. The refugium has two adjustable returns on either side so even if one completely clogs the other one will prevent any possible overflow. The 18" model incorporates the NC24 skimmer so that you can move up to a larger aquarium if you ever outgrow your Nanocube. The wall facing the tank is black and 1.5" taller so that you can run a reverse photo-period and have no light spill back in to the display. The 18 watt pc light is included as well. I plan to release a 24" and 14" version in the upcoming weeks also. I hope you like it.

Kyle

Sapphire Aquatics

fuge1.jpg

fuge2.jpg

fuge3.jpg

fuge4.jpg

fuge5.jpg

do you guys plan on makeing a HOB skimmer only? i want one, but it has to have the same dimetions as the 12NC skimmer you guys made, do you think its possible? or do you thinnk you could make a in sump with the same dimetions as the 12NC but 16in tall?

Sapphire Aquatics

NanoClown - I do plan to make a HOB skimmer, but it will be a while before I start working on it. For now I can make a skimmer to fit your needs, just send me a PM.

pico1 - Pricing is available on the website. The refugium will come with black PVC fittings, I am just waiting for them to arrive from California. I just wanted to post some pictures and get some feedback. Thank you for your suggestion.

Archived