inTank Media Baskets

My 1gal

bullitt0519

Thanx for the advice I am new to picos I just have a corallife 19watt light PC . I would like a better light but not sure what one to go with or make my own. Would also like to know of a way to surface skim or break the water surface without lowering water level.

is the bulb an all daylight or 50/50? i dont think you need a better light. you have 19w per gallon which im sure is enough for anything.

is that really one gallon? its looks more like 2 or 2.5 based on the height of it next to the electricity outlet. my outlets are about 5 inches tall and my 2g is about 8 inches tall, that looks dead on like a 2g (kinda looks taller than my 2g, so maybe 2.5g then) unless the tank is weird and only 3 inches deep, and based on the size of the im guessing aquaclear 20? by the looks of it, it just looks bigger than 1 gallon, i dont know tho just a general observation

looks nice

The green is just the cam the pics come out greenish for some reason it is clear in person. And went to reef central and vol calculated the tank and is 1.5gal to be actual. but thanxs for the good words I went to the lfs today and the had a bucket of broken LR and Tonga branch so I bought some and sculped it for a new look in the tank but I put it in my refrugim under my 90gal for cultureing{spell?} before setting it up with the new look will post more when done.

Mini-Aqualight includes one 9 watt, true actinic 03 and one 9 watt, 10000°K daylight bulbs so 18watts

post-23600-1163307832_thumb.jpg

Thats what I currently have on my 5g.Ime going to upgrade.

Here are some Better pics with out the green. Cam was set on low quality so thus the green.

post-23600-1163383467_thumb.jpg

post-23600-1163382661_thumb.jpg

This was the old setup Over flow, sump, and protien skimmer.

post-23600-1163382825_thumb.jpg

Not sure if I should go back with this setup minus the skimer and do a fuge instead.

New pics of the rock work wating for a week or two in the 90gal fuge to get some life in them then back in the in the 1.5 gal.

post-23600-1163383088_thumb.jpg

post-23600-1163383337_thumb.jpg

Here are some Better pics with out the green. Cam was set on low quality so thus the green.

you messed up :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had to take it down I had new tile put in the house and it was getting dust every where. I am going to re set it up with a 26watt light and a sump/refuge with one 13watt light on that It will have a built in overflow, all the plumbing is done for it and I also painted the back black just waiting on the light to come in.

Archived