Pod Your Reef

Taam Rio Nano Protein Skimmer

Asin

It does use a very small needlewheel pump though (I don't think skilters use needlewheels).

its a skilter w/ a needle wheel?? LOL either way, if its not pushin enough water its wasted money.....

i just dont wanna buy one then later have to drop an airstone in it.....

well see....someone will buy it b/c its cheap and well see what they say

its gotta be 200% better than the fission

Seems promising, but the reaction chamber doesn't seem to be nearly as tall as it should...

I am under the impression the reaction chamber should be a minimum of 8 inches. Is that right?

I want to tag along. Im not looking for an amazing, perfect skimmer so if it kinda gets the job done ill have to pick one up. Hell i had a seaclone that was a beast with some mods. Pluse this will just fit on my MB7 w/ my ac70 on back. Would love some insurance for my tank if i get lazy on my Wc's

• 4 months later...

wow this looks pretty good for 30 bucks.... im going to go see if i can find one around me... i agree with The Unit, it maybe be worth having for those days i just dont feel like doing water changes... plus 30 bucks is pretty cheap in this hobby :(

I had one and it was just a pain. Difficult to get it to skim at all and when it did it released TONS of microbubbles into the tank. I ended up dumping it and getting an AquaC Remora Nano Skimmer. More money but much easier to use, it actually skims, and it doesn't release tons of microbubbles into my tank.

Archived