Top Shelf Aquatics

Don'cha Know?! NanoTeen's 14G Biocube

NanoTeen

Been out of the hobby for about a year and half ...since money and time was a problem with my last aquarium ...But now im 18 years old have a job and waiting for school to start. B)

A little history about my aquariums

2004-2010

>10 gallon aga Fish only Clowns and damsels.

>Transferred to 15 gallon still fish only .

>Then downgraded to 12 gallon NanoCube thought it was the coolest aquarium at the time and bought it to get soft corals.

>NanoCube Cracks.

>Transferred To Aquapod 12 Gallon .

>My uncle that got me into the hobby decides to move out of his house and give me his 100 Gallon Reef .

>5.5 Earth Quake in chino hills rocks my house like crazy water splashed out of the aquarium and got all over the electrical stuff there was no power in my room for weeks.

>100 gallon dismantled and sold ... i didn't want to deal with something crazy like that happening again.

>20 gallon SPS tank ..senior year in highschool i was very busy at school and partying haha so i sold that tank because i didn't have the time to care for it.

Well this is my 7th saltwater aquarium, bought it a week ago from craigslist

Biocube 14 gallon came with 12 LED lighting system 6 white 6 blue, InTank Media Basket, Hydor Koralia, Stealth heater, live rock, live sand.

it was in pretty bad shape ,

The LEDs system was coming apart all the wires were losing contact with the power supply and who ever did LEDs did a bad soldering job, so i rewires everything and re soldered,

Half full with water algae all over the place and smelled like sewage.

once i got home i placed all the live rock in a bucket, took out all the sand and water out of the main display then i tilted the tank over to get the water out of the back chambers and while i was doing that out came a some kind of Goby not sure what kind but it was about 3inches , it was still alive but i didn't have no place to put it :( it died a couple minutes later . also found 2 hermits and about 5 snails all different types 2 of the snails didn't make it.

So after cleaning the tank and letting it sit for a couple hours, it was time to set it up, i have nothing in the back chambers but some filter floss and the heater

Going to wait for the cycle to finish and give it a water change then add chemi pure, Chaeto and maybe some Seachem Purigen? i never used it but should i give it a try ??

Well here it is cycling ...Day 7 -_-September 20, 2011

IMG_1091.jpg

so today went out to this marine place about 45 mins away from my place. picked up some chemipure and filter floss also some redsea pro salt and a new hydor koralia nano 425 to replace my older model, they had this clown the workers told me it was a young onyx clown, im thinking about getting it in a week or two if its even there . but i had my doubts ... all the black wasn't connected on there other side it almost touched . anyways what do you guys think ? heres a picture of it ScreenShot2011-09-25at104351PM.png

Well I ordered my picasso clown should have it by the weekend , and im going to pick up a true percula "supposedly a onyx"

ill post pics once i have them . Ya Boi !

well got one of the clowns still waiting on the guy to call me to go get the picasso . also got a couple frags i wasn't able to take photos .

IMG_1312.jpg Here's the True perc

ScreenShot2011-10-08at44735PM.pngzoas frags

IMG_1263.jpg small BTA 2 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Picasso clown, bad thing is looks like my true percula already made its territory on one side of tank next to anemone , Didn't want this to happen.. but my picasso got delayed for two weeks...

the picasso is about half the size of the true percula ... ..so its getting a good beat down when it comes close to the percula . HOPEFULLY the true prec doesn't kill the little fella , That would suck -_-

but anyways all my frags are doing good . my mushroom grew twice its size already and my monti has some good growth .

Ill post pictures tomorrow :)

Archived