ReefCleaners.org

Who uses Purigen?

nannodad

thelastmucci

I have a question...I"m a noob on this site but have had a tank cycling now for 2 months minus all the problems that I have. MY tank is a 39 gallon signature series. The thing that was giving my problems was the PH probe of the Neptune systems AC Jr system. But I sent if back to Neptune and am finally getting my PH back to normal.

MY question is I had purigen in one of the chambers but the bag must've let go and now there's purtigen pellets all over the DT. I know they won't do anything to the tank chemically but will it hurt the fish if I start introducing them.

You can use some filter floss to filter them out or just leave it....the stuff will not leach back into the water and seriously doubt they are harmful to the fish.

thelastmucci

Eklikewhoa...thanks for the help...it's already in the DT, so hopefully your right and it's not harmful to the fish.

Hey marine Keeper that's what I do as well...really seems to keep the water clean, hopefully it will be the magic bean that everyone else says it is for corals.

I use it with Chemi-pure. Make sure that you get the bag with it. I bought a different bag and the stuff went right through the mesh into a bucket I had. The BAG has very small holes.

i only use seachem products, best stuff ever...

Yeah, especially the Phosguard since it can leak aluminum into the tank and all. Aluminum based phosphate products are lulzworthy. Every brand has some crappy products, just a heads up.

how do you run the purigen? i want to start doing this.

Is it in a bag that you just drop into the sump? please explain as I am building a new refugium and if necessary i need to figure out how to incorporate this.

thanks!

Is it in a bag that you just drop into the sump? please explain as I am building a new refugium and if necessary i need to figure out how to incorporate this.

thanks!

thanks!

It's basically the same thing as running carbon. It's synthetic and removes organics through bonding. As with carbon, Purigen is most effective when used in a reactor. However, most folks just toss it into an area with good flow in their sump. If you plan on doing this you should buy the already bagged version.

yeah just put it where water can flow through it. Your water will be like glass. Or at least mine is. U just gotta replace it every three months.

Archived