Top Shelf Aquatics

AzFishFreaks 6 Gallon NC

AzFishFreak

Well its been 2 months and I finally got this tank placed in a semi-permanent location so its time to post some pics.

Here is the before and after shots of the Nanotuners.com upgraded hood.

post-17683-1139502896_thumb.jpgpost-17683-1139502917_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the some of the first residents. I know the scaping is blah but my LFS mounts their sps and softies to LR so I will keep an eye out for those mounted to bigger pieces.

post-17683-1139503127_thumb.jpgpost-17683-1139503152_thumb.jpg

Full frontal and Top Down of Derasa

post-17683-1139503314_thumb.jpgpost-17683-1139503323_thumb.jpg

Side view and FTS

post-17683-1139503391_thumb.jpgpost-17683-1139503409_thumb.jpg

The rock came from my Predator tank that is infested with aptisia so hopefully the peppermint will go hunting soon, other then that what do you guys think?

Oh yeah specs are

1st Chamber = Sponge and heater

2nd Chamber = Polyfilter (Soon to be LR rubble and/or Cheato fuge)

3rd Chamber = Modified California Reefs ATO float and return, MJ606, Temp Prob

6lbs of Fiji pink LS and 6lbs of LR in display

Modified Hydor flo (Skirt removed) on return

54watt Nanotuners Hood (2X 18w 50/50, 1X 18w Actinic)

MSS Surface Skimmer (Black Zip tie holding it in place)

i like it! that clam is realy cool.. i have never seen nor heard of a blue Dersa, it certainlly looks like a dersa.. anyway thats really cool! nice tank.. and 54w!!!! thats the most i have seen on a NC 6g

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I just picked the clam up on Sunday so its only been 4 days but he has been doing well so far. He was the smallest of 3 and they all had the same Green color from the top. I didn't know he would look so blueish/purple from the side/front of the tank. I decieded to do 6 drops of DT's Phyto every other day due to his size. Hopefully that won't foul up the tank too much.

As far as fish go I am not the hugest fan of fish in tanks under 10 gallons but if I do get a firefish or small goby it won't be until the Clam is over 3inches or so. That way I won't have to supplement feeding as much.

Well its been 2 months and I finally got this tank placed in a semi-permanent location so its time to post some pics.

The rock came from my Predator tank that is infested with aptisia so hopefully the peppermint will go hunting soon, other then that what do you guys think?

For god's sake, remove the glass cleaner!

For god's sake, remove the glass cleaner!

Lol Mag Float haters, I will make sure to remove it before my next pic. Also on a positive note it looks like my Peppermint has been hungray.

i like it! that clam is realy cool.. i have never seen nor heard of a blue Dersa, it certainlly looks like a dersa.. anyway thats really cool! nice tank.. and 54w!!!! thats the most i have seen on a NC 6g

Hey Fishfreak218

I’ve had 72 watts of PC lighting on my NC6 since June

(1) 27 watt 50/50 ACT/10K, (1) 27 watt 50/50 blue/10K + (1) 18 watt 50/50 blue/10K = 72 watts :naughtydance:

Rick :D

Archived